We GOT HER!!!

edited March 2009 in Rescue
Okay, so, I write a post "venting"...my partner basically says, just let it go you control freak...I took a deep breath, and made dinner, and literally, did, just say to myself whatever is meant to happen will happen.

In the end, just 30 minutes ago, I get the phone call, that they've decided to place Rita...soon to be named Kahlo, with us!! She said that we had the perfect yard, home, seemed like a genuinely nice family and she couldn't get it out of her head how sadly Kahlo cried when we left Saturday...Kahlo had never done that before, even with her previous owner.

So, I'm doing the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" dance! Now, to get things in order. Kahlo will be my first Akita, but thankfully I've been reading this entire forum and other sites as well. I'm headed to the pet store tomorrow to get ready for her arrival this weekend!

These are the only pics we have of her so far:

Comments

• edited November -1
    CONGRATS!!! ~
  • edited November -1
    I am so happy for you. Congratulations! You are going to have soo much fun shopping. :)
  • edited November -1
    congrats..yay! am glad it all worked out for you guys!
  • edited November -1
    Oh, CONGRATS! Kahlo's going to be so happy to be home!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    OMG I'm SOOOO Happy for you!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more :oD
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations! :D
  • edited November -1
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Kahlo is a beautiful girl that will give you loads of joy!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations on your selection to be Kahlo's proud owners! She is a beauty --- looks like she will be loads of fun for you and your family! Can't wait for more pics! Enjoy!
  • edited November -1
    What great news! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    CONGRATS! Being chosen by a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences in the world.

Must make sure you spam us with loads of pictures! :-D
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! That is a beautiful dog! :)
  • edited November -1
    Kahlo is so pretty, congratulations to the new addition and many thanks for adopting. Now I can't wait for some 'welcome home' pics
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on your new dog.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! I'm glad it got resolved so quickly. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Congrats again, cool name. Shopping for dogs is so much fun.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!! That is fantastic! I can't wait to read all about her in her new home!!!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats she looks so pretty can't wait to see more pictures of her when she gets home. =)
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations! She is a lovely young lady!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations!

I had a feeling there was no way she would be going to anyone other than you.
  • edited November -1
    Yay, that is very exciting. GREAT NEWS!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulation! She looks beautiful.

Be sure to keep spamming us with pictures and your progress as things develop.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!! You are both so lucky to have each other! :)