Fernando

Comments

• edited November -1
    Pit's are the best dogs ever!  Next to the Japanese breeds.
  • edited November -1
    James Dean is cool indeed, but he seems more to be a Boston Terrier mix than a French Bulldog.
  • edited November -1
    not with that mouth and pink nose. that is pure frenchy.
  • edited February 2008
    So we tried and tried to find a place for Fernando. He was just too
    sensitive for this world. His owner abandoned him because he would get
    so stressed that he destroyed a couch. His owner failed him. I hope to
    never meet this person. This already stressed dog, ended up in animal
    control.

We try so hard to put smiles on these dogs faces. But it is harder on
    some dogs than others being locked up. Fernando couldn't handle it. He
    started to lose it.

I need to believe that he is in a better place. I need to believe that
    he is going somewhere where he will never be scared or hurt. Where
    people won't judge him because of his breed or size. And where there
    will always be someone to rub his belly and tell him how much they love
    him. I need to believe that that place exists and that he is there.

Fernando, I am so sorry. I tried do hard to find someone to love you as
    much as you deserved. I am so sorry that people couldn't recognize how
    much love you had to give. I am sorry that you ever had to suffer. I
    love you, and always will.

• edited November -1
    I'm sorry Jess. I know you tried your best and that is more than anyone can possibly ask of you. You have *nothing* to be sorry for. I'm sure the joy you were able to bring to his life was incredibly meaningful to him. I send you a giant hug from afar.
  • edited November -1
    OMG im in ugly cry.  Im glad he is no longer tormented and had you in the end to show him true love.  I wish we could save them all....All we can think right now is how at peace he is and that we have those in our lives such as piggy and sasha!
  • edited November -1

*huggies for everyone*

Run free Fernando. 

• edited November -1

Cry This guy really got to me.  Jessica, honestly...you probably made this dog the happiest dog in the world just by spending a couple hours with him.   You should be very proud of yourself.  Im sure if he could talk, he would be thanking you for comforting him and loving him for the remainder of his life.  You should know, because of you, this dog was able to know what being "loved" felt like and you made it possible for him to move on in peace.  You should not feel sorry at all.  You did everything you could and he appreciates it.

• edited November -1

I am sorry that there are people in this world that don't understand the gift a dog gives us by loving us unconditionally. People that treat them like objects, abuse them and abandon them.  I am sorry for Fernando and other that share his (mis) fortune.

Fortunately there are people that do know what it feels like to connect to a dog, to love him/her, and that go out of their ways to give them comfort and joy and a friendly word. No dog should be denied these things. Fernando had them through you, Jess, and for that you should be proud.

• edited November -1
    shit. Frown
  • edited November -1
    Cry CryCry
  • edited November -1
    I'm really sorry Jessica.  I've been through the same and it's the worst.  The rage, the frustration, the sadness, the overwhelming feelings of guilt and failure.  Trying to help dogs isn't an easy thing to do.  Thinking of Fernando reminds me of the many dogs I have gotten to know that didn't make it to a forever home.  I'm really sorry for your loss.
  • edited November -1
    How incredibly sad.  *sniff*
  • edited November -1
    This news seriously could make me start crying and very depressing. We have all gotten attached to Fernando here so its hard not to be upset about it. Its just not fair.Frown
  • edited November -1
    I feel awful, I really wish I wasn't in College or I would have definitely tried to help, I love pitbulls. Before I got Sadie I have to admit i was afraid of most dogs. I don't really know what it was, I Had no real interest in them. But Sadie took all of three seconds to change that. I can't even imagine not having a dog anymore, I seems insane. I suppose Fernando is not suffering anymore, I just wish he was not suffering in someones house and not underground.
  • edited November -1

I just got a call from Amy at the shelter. She showed up this afternoon, and Fernando was still there.

Ed, the animal control officer who was supposed to take him to get put down, couldn't do it. He said he was just too good a dog...

This is about as close to a miracle as they come.

Amy worked with him today and she thinks we could train him to be a search and rescue dog. She has put a call out to every contact and resource she has.

I apologize for the emotional roller coaster. I have been on this one with you guys.

Amy saw my myspace blog and realized that she hadn't told me and rushed to call.

They all won't turn out this way but I am so grateful that this one did. 

• edited November -1
    OH THANK GOD!!!!!   I feel so much better now!!!!   There is still hope for Fernando, and that just goes to show, he is really a special guy.  Aww...I feel all warm and fuzzy again, like the first time I saw his pic!  THANK YOU FOR SHARING JESSICA!! IM SO GLAD HE'S STILL WITH US!!! GO FERNANDO!
  • edited November -1
    OMG Jess, That just made my day!  I just hope that he can get a good job and purpose that we all know he deserves!
  • edited November -1

That is great news! I bet he will feel great working.

Ed deserves a big THANK YOU from all of us. 

• edited November -1
    Ed is AWESOME!!!! Laughing
  • edited November -1
    I'm baking him his favorite cookies as we speak.
  • edited November -1
    Ed or Fernando? Cause I think they both deserve come cookies! Laughing
  • edited November -1

We gave Fernando Hamburgers. I have been sneaking him venison jerky too. Actually I sneak all the dogs venison and fish jerky. The crappy food these poor dogs have to eat, the jerky is more nutritious.

Ed is getting chocolate chip pecan cookies. I brought them all cookies on valentines day and conveniently didn't mention they were vegan and organic until they devoured all of them and I turned down a marriage proposal or six. 

• edited November -1

Aha this is great news!

• edited November -1

wow - that is great! I mean really great - Thank you ED!

• edited November -1
    Glad to hear that Fernando is still around and I really hope things work out to find him a home.
  • edited November -1
    Jessica, what state are you in? I'm on Multiply - like My Space, only more personal, not so 'everyone be my friend'. My boyfriend's frat brother created the site 4 years ago and it's grown to something like 5M people. Anyway, if you give me some info, I'd be happy to get it out to the Multiply community. I'm sorry I didn't think of this sooner!
  • edited November -1
    Silly, me, I only really looked at all the cute photos. I didn't see the email with the contact info and everything. I will get it on there right now!!!
  • edited February 2008

Here's the Link. You might have to be invited to Multiply to get on, that's how it used to work, I'd be happy to invite anyone to join, if you give you me your email address.

Rhode Island...Fernando needs your help!!

Barbara - Mika & Keigo (Akita Inus); Jewel and Brittney (Kitties)

• edited November -1
    OMG!! SOOO GREAT!!CoolLaughing