Shiba needs HELP in OHIO

edited May 2009 in Rescue
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13756526

Fuji is a beautiful male who is on the euth list starting on 5/26

Anyone near Youngstown OH?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Pam from Royal Kennels is the only person I know in Ohio.
  • edited November -1
    Yep, emailed her, too!
  • edited November -1
    Aww! He's precious. I wish they had some info on him. (friendly with kids? other pets? His AGE?) I may have to give them a call. Youngstown isnt too far away.
  • edited November -1
    Welp, I called to get some info on Fugi the shiba listed above. They said he came in as a stray off the streets. :( They think he is around 4 years old and they dont have ANY info on him. He's only been there a few days and they haven't had a chance to really get to know him yet. There are already two people on a list wanting to possibly adopt him. I'm now number three! :D (just in case the other two back down.)
  • edited November -1
    OMG! LOL!!!!! I just called my husband and told him I just put us on the waiting list for a shiba inu in Youngstown and that I was number 3.

He had already called! HE'S NUMBER TWO! HAHAHAHAH
  • edited November -1
    Find out Honey is #1
  • edited November -1
    LOL! That is funny Katie!

Glad you got bumped up the list thanks to the Hubby!
  • edited November -1
    LOL You know she MIGHT be! Honey could TOTALLY convince one of the kids to call for her! LOL

We are hoping to go meet this little guy next week. They want us to bring Honey with us. Any suggestions on the first meeting of these two??????
  • edited November -1
    Hope you get him, poor guy. You already have lots of experience with Honey.
  • edited May 2009
    I cant even IMAGINE what it would be like with TWO shiba's.......omg.....can you say HEAVEN??? lol I just hope Honey gets along with him. She's a bit rough when she meets new dogs. She DOES love a certain female puggle that lives up the street. We actually found out this little fact on accident. We were playing in the back yard when the puggle ran into our yard off leash. Honey BOLTED for her and I screamed HONEY NO! Because I was worried she was going to attack. She ran right up to cocoa and started sniffing and play bowing! LOL The owner came shortly after and apologized for the dog being off leash. The two played together for a good half hour with no problems. But at one point my daughter came out and Cocoa went up to her and stood up on her leg for a scratch. Honey did NOT like that. She got a bit snarky and they tussled a bit. Nothing major, just Honey telling Cocoa Kailyn was HER kid. And after a quick correction from the hubby they went right back to playing and my daughter was able to play with both of them with no more snarkies. And Honey even shared her fetch stick with Cocoa! LOL Now THATS something!

Do you think there will be much trouble since there is such a big age difference between Honey and Fugi?
  • edited November -1
    First intro's are always a little crazy and hectic just because both dogs are usually SO excited.

As long as it's all play and the snarkies aren't major than I would think everything is all good.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Katie! #1 on that list is supposedly a rescue group - they will only pull him if a permanent home isn't found! You'd better prepare yourself!!
  • edited November -1
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Now if only Honey thinks he's worthy of her time and attention! lol
  • edited November -1
    lol, that is hilarious Katie! I hope it works out for you. :
  • edited November -1
    YAY I'm so excited that you're #s 2 and 3 :o) He's such a cutie!
  • edited November -1
    Today is his adoption/euth available day........ what happened, Katie!
  • edited November -1
    Well, we arent able to even GET to Youngstown till Thursday at the EARLIEST. And I would have to take the day off work because of their hours. I'm trying to get the ok from my boss. I guess the shelter isnt open on weekends at all, so that's gonna make it hard for us to get there.

As much as I would love to have a second pup.....I think that we jumped at this chance mostly to make sure the little guy doesnt get put down. If some other family is able to adopt him before we are able to get to Youngstown we'd be just as happy.

I'll let you guys know what happens!
  • edited November -1
    Hope the meeting goes well! :) And good luck!