Pado & Many Jindos etc etc in CA shelters

edited June 2009 in Rescue
Lots of Jindos and Jindo mixes at CA shelter this month....

Given that Jindos are cousins to the Nihons I thought I would post that there are quite a few that need adoption and or rescue.

For example PADO is already spayed so she had to have been cared for at some point. Some folks have to give up dogs before they journey back to native land and it leaves some nice dogs looking for a home.

Sorry for the long link...

Pet Harbor Jindos

[edited by ShikokuSpirit - Hope you don't mind, I make long link easy to follow!]

Comments

• edited November -1
    Did you see all the Jindo/Shiba mixes? We always have lots of Jindos and Shibas here in California that need good homes. You can buy Shibas and Jindo in the mall pet stores quite often. It's so sad.
  • edited November -1
    Oh man I want to steal Zoe.
  • edited November -1
    Ah! Jindo's! I LOVE Jindo dogs as they are from my motherland! :) We tried to get a Jindo but our apt complex wouldn't let us have one...my uncle was going to ship us from Korea. :(
  • edited November -1
    Whoa.. its only been six hrs and I just looked back on the link and most of the dogs on the two pages are now gone! I know it is the end of the week so that usually means you know what at the shelters : (

I hope at least one or two got a home.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    SnF if you refresh again they might be back. I noticed it doesn't always display all the dogs.
  • edited November -1
    OK that makes me feel somewhat better! Thanks!!
    Snf
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think jindos are cousins to nihonken, they are more like great-great-great-uncle/aunts. Fourth/Fifth cousins? Something like that. All kinds of stuff came to Japan from Korea in the 0-500 AD timeframe, it makes perfect sense that domestic dogs would be one of them.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, so many dogs. I hope they get homes...
  • edited November -1
    They are gorgeous dogs! I want them to all find loving homes...they are so deserving of it.