Look who showed up!

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Well, my MIL finally drove him back over to his owners' place while I was out with Isaac yesterday. They kept saying they'd come get him and then not coming... hmm...
  • edited November -1
    =0(

How did the owners react when she showed up with the dog? I'm curious if they even cared that it was back...

How are you feeling about it?
  • edited November -1
    Ooh poor Turk... I can't believe they didn't come get him! Though, I know people like that, I just don't understand it.. maybe he'll show up again :)
  • edited November -1
    lol Jen, I love that you're calling him Turk.
  • edited November -1
    What else do you call brown bear? ;)
  • edited November -1
    I haven't asked to find out their reaction yet, but I will. I'm sad that he doesn't seem to have owners that really appreciate him. It seems my FIL was really attached to him and may have hinted that he could stay with us for a while, so that might be why they didn't come get him. I hope so.
  • edited November -1
    Do you think they will bring him back over to your place? Just like a "here, you two seem to fit better together" kind of thing? That would be pretty cool. Wishful thinking? lol
  • edited November -1
    Well, apparently, there's a complicating factor, here. My SIL - who also lives on the property, about 1/4 mile away, says that Brown Bear wouldn't stop knocking her kids over, and called me up to complain that when she came down to visit, he kept knocking her kids over. Well, she's also going off her meds, if you know what I mean, so she's been kind of freaking out over everything, but she really doesn't want him back.

Not that I really understand what her problem is. I wasn't there when this happened, but he knocked Isaac over once, and then I corrected him, and after that, I just had to keep an eye on them and remind Brown Bear to ease up if he was getting too rambunctious. Plus, SIL lives sufficiently far away that it shouldn't really matter to her. I don't know why she kept letting him knock her kids over, either. I mean, come on, protect your kids.
  • edited November -1
    -sits down with a bowl of popcorn (kettle corn) and waits to see what happens on the upcoming episode-

Will "Turk's" owners welcome him with open arms and be happy that they're beloved dog has come home? Or will he be returned to run wild with the Bialinger pack? Stayed tuned...

-chomps down on kettle corn glued to the thread-
  • edited November -1
    Wow... I missed a lot this weekend.

That is really crappy dog ownership that they did not seem relieved or even happy that their dog has been found and is safe. And even crappier that they just left him there instead of coming to get him.

Maybe he will find his way back. :)

AND...

LOL @ Corina. :-P
  • edited November -1
    So, apparently the owners are trying to sell him, so obviously they're not too attached. I can't take him, though, because apparently everyone decided they were sick of him. Normally, I'd only care what Noah says, because it's not like I let my neighbours tell me what to do, even if they are family, but my SIL kind of lost it and I don't want to go there. It seems like pretty standard dog stuff, but I guess everyone's annoyed by him now except me. Well, his nocturnal barking is pretty irritating, that's pretty much what did it for Noah.

I think I'll tell them about the rescue I foster for. They seem pretty intent on getting money for him, though, so we'll see how that goes... I doubt they're going to find a buyer for him. That's kind of the problem with irresponsible breeding and dog ownership. You saturate the "market" with poorly-dogs (and therefore less valuable - monetarily) and don't increase their value through proper training and you really just create a problem.

*sigh*
  • edited November -1
    Poor brown bear... Definitely tell them about the rescue, in case they can't sell him its an option beyond demise for the dog.
  • edited November -1
    Oh no! Can't you convince your SIL? After all, children have to learn how to act around dogs too ;o)
    that sucks for Brown Bear :o( I can understand (or can I?) that they want to give him away but SELL? That's just ridiculous. Good luck to Brown Bear!
  • edited November -1
    Awwww, poor Turk =0( All he wants is a loving home and some TLC. Hopefully someone (responsible) will come around and give him lots of love, attention and training.
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, he definitely needs attention and training. He's a good dog, he just needs a good home. I'll have to ask about him on Sunday...
  • edited November -1
    That definitely stinks. Best of luck to Turk, I really hope that through this whole ordeal he finds a great home that will give him the love, attention, and training he deserves.
  • edited November -1
    I doubt the dog will sell. Very sad situation. Labs are pretty rowdy for some time. Too bad for the poor guy... if training is started it most certainly gives options for a better life.

Heidi, some places will take a dog that has some obedience basics and can be controlled well around humans. If he shows up again it might well be an option if he is worked with.... If you know of any trainers that can be on standby??? I bet the boy will escape again...
    Anyway, Just some food for thought.... I hate to see a good animal with some drive relegated to such a dismal life.

Snf

http://www.leaderdog.org/donate/dogs/index.php
  • edited November -1
    So his name's Chester. Sounds like a typical Chessie name, but they're pretty insistent that he's a lab. *shrug* The good news is that they say he's superbly behaved ever since he got back from our place, so they've decided to keep him. It really irritates me that they were going to get rid of him, considering his behavioural problems were so minor and easily-remedied, but I'm glad that they've decided to keep him.
  • edited November -1
    I hope it works out this time around though. And that his humans knock themselves on the head with a shovel later on for even thinking about "getting rid" of him. I truely hope that Chester turns into the BEST family dog ever! Whilst they may not be able to train him...maybe he can train them? Dogs can teach people a lot things and they most certainly do!
  • edited November -1
    He'll always be a Turk to me.

Hope his family remains loyal to him!