French Championship Show (13/14 june)

The French Championship Show takes place this weekend in Paris.

Lot of dogs ! (6500 dogs on 2 days)

Some people of this forum were here... I was there with two of my Hokkaido ken : Niki and Satchan.

Enjoy some pictures :

Niki, with Chanur Akita (Emilie)
Image hébergée par servimg.com

Satchan (who lost all his fur just before the show...), with me
Image hébergée par servimg.com

Comments

• edited November -1
    That is so cool, can't wait to see more pics
  • edited November -1
    6500 dogs!!! That is an incredibly huge show, I though 1500-2000 was a lot. I like those Hokkaido, are they easy to show?
  • edited November -1
    Not really... My Hokkaido are moving everytime !
    But I think I need to train them again...
  • edited November -1
    6500 dogs is almost a nightmare in two days, wow!
    We'll have the Lisbon show in a few weeks, and I'm already thinking it will be kind of hard, with probably 1700-2000 dogs.

How did they do? They seem to be enjoying it.
  • edited November -1
    Do they mind the judge exam?

How is Kuma with it?
  • edited November -1
    News pics. Some Akita Inu and Hokkaido.
    (31 Akita Inu at this dog show. Cotsu-Ki O Chanur won the 4 excellent place, and his brother B'Akimitsu O Chanur won the 3rd excellent place. My young girl Senseï won the 3rd place in young female class)

11 Akita Inu male in open class!:

B'Akimitsu O Chanur and Cotsu-Ki O Chanur:

Winner 1rst place male class:

I'm waiting with senseï:

Senseï and me:

Hokkaido Ken, satchan with a friend:

Sushi party after the show! :-))

great day and funny people in japanese dogs.
    :-)))
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations Emilie! Sensei looks very happy in the ring.

I see that Kaishi won the CACIB. Kuma is proud of his daddy!

Lindsay - Kuma is fine with the judges examining him, he sometimes even snicks a quick kiss, if he likes them. It's the standing still he has problems with.
  • edited November -1
    It's really interesting to see the differences, the leads seem very colorfull and hefty compared to what we use in the states.

I spy a corded standard poodle in the background of the 4th pic- I don't think I would ever see one at a show here. That's cool!
  • edited November -1
    Yes there was a corded poodle just near us. (Emilie has another picture of him)

It's really rare !
  • edited November -1
    Lindsay, Good eye....I have not seen a corded poodle in person. Keeping those dreads must be a task!

Sophie I like the fact your show is not overly suit and tie oriented. It looks like a nice venue where everyone is comfortable.

Sushi, does the show provide vendors who sell sushi?? Wow! How I would love to see that here.
    The closest we have come on a good vendor station was Greek food and in one case Thai noodles.

In many cases exhibitors are highly discouraged from bringing in food and laying out a spread to share with fellow exhibitors.
    The show grounds likes to have the vendor rights for food and most of he consumables are just plain cruddy and unhealthy.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Why such tight leads on show dogs? The handlers all pull up on the leads and make them very short...can they not stand nicely on a loose lead? Is the enviroment just too overwhelming with all the stuff going on at a show? Is it to make the akitas' ruffs stand out for the judge?
  • edited June 2009
    It's the japanese way to handle a show dog.
    the lead srait over the head. We have special leads and leader collars. Japanese collars make the head be well "round".
    Here, everybody present japanese dog in japanese way...

Pictures of leads and collars :
  • edited November -1
    Nice collars! I think in the US the leads are all slip leads- but your collars look flat on the inside - not chokers. The leads are really pretty and thick! Thanks for teaching me! :) I always wondered why their heads looked so round- spherical.