SHIFTY_New York Fly Ballers

I really want to start a flyball team. I want it to be official. Official, official. With Stickers and T shirts and cool stuff like that. But first we need an offical thread on the forum, otherwise in my mind it won't be official. So let's get the ball rolling.

I volunteer the Brat to be part of the team. Any one else up for it?

We need a name too.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Can I come to New York every week with Beebe and play?
  • edited November -1
    Shiba Hi Intensity Flyball Team newYork- or "SHIFTY"
    :)
  • edited November -1
    That's better than my idea....."Invasion of the Ball Snatchers"
  • edited November -1
    Your more than welcome to come out every week if you want but we're not paying for your plane ticket! lol
  • edited November -1
    You mean SHIFTY won't comp the fare? What sort of team is this???
  • edited November -1
    It's a "SHIFTY" team...come on.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. I love the 'SHIFTY' team. I don't think my shibas get the whole fetch or flyball idea though.. would be interested to get Jada into it. Pongy's such a lazy grump lately.
  • edited November -1
    This is so cool. I think Penny might actually be pretty good at flyball.
  • edited November -1
    Katsu used to play fetch. Now its more like..."You threw the ball, you go get it." Even if the team is no good it should still be a lot of fun.
  • edited July 2009
    I don't know Joe, t-shirts and stickers may be a bit much. I'm poor....maybe I'll have to resort to baking cookies and ..now I have to go, my shiba master beckons that I play and snuggle with her...or take her out...I'll have to find out ;-) You know you can count us in.

*update* she was throwing a temper tantrum b/c I wouldn't share my cereal with her...what a b*tch! hehe
  • edited November -1
    Okay so I had not even the slightest idea what flyball was; I googled it and it's amazing! The dogs look like they're have so much fun! And are so fast!
  • edited November -1
    The most cost effective way for shirts and stickers is to make it yourself. Make a design, prepare some silkscreens and ink, then color up the shirt (you can get blank shirts for like $3 or under) Or we can each hand paint our personal team shirt and make it really unique.

Sounds like fun, Tom was already working on how to build the equipment (we're hoping to make/buy agility stuff once we have a backyard)
  • edited November -1
    Sweet. Now we just have to find out how to train them.

The hand painted shirt would be funny. It'll have a lot of "flair" like the shirts the people wear in Friday's
  • edited November -1
    I can just picture all the pups sitting there relaxing and watching as somehow they use their shiba mind control to make the humans do the relay instead. :P
  • edited November -1
    that or we start it and we're going crazy as they're just sitting there.
  • edited November -1
    Where abouts in New York would this be happening? Like super up-state?!?!?!?! =0D I would have to leave Mylo with my parents for the day because flyball would just be WAY too much dog adrenalin for him. But I could always be the person who loads the ball machine! lol. I was just watching a televised tournament on Youtube and it was crazy intense! I would come down for a practice if it wasn't too too far from here... but it really depends.
  • edited November -1
    I think the team shirt should say "I'm SHIFTY" on the front, and on the back say "Are you?"
  • edited November -1
    We're pretty close to the city actually. Me, Dawn, and Beth are on the island. Irene and Melissa are in the city. I think we should see if they can play first before we have you drive down. I think you have to cross an ocean to come from Canadia right?
  • edited November -1
    Hm... I was hoping for super up-state like Syracuse because I think that's only like 4 hours from here. How far are you from Syracuse?
  • edited November -1
    Can I go? I'll drive up to NY & pick up Shibas along the way...I'll have my own Shiba pack for the events!!! MOIHAHAHAHAHAHA~
  • edited November -1
    It says we're 5= hours from there. It'd be like when you drove down to get Mylo.

You can come Osy but we're going to handcuff you to a radiotor or something so you can't steal all our dogs.
  • edited November -1
    Osy, as long as you can pick me up on the way! (And Bella and Nola, too!)
  • edited November -1
    Joe, look what you started... ;-)
  • edited November -1
    upstate ny sounds close..ish to Jersey right? A couple of hours tops? lol. It would be a fun way to spend my weekends instead of being coped up in the house doing programming..
  • edited November -1
    Most of Jersey is only about 3 hours or less from where I live on Long Island (so long as it's not during rush hour)
  • edited November -1
    lmao :D ~
  • edited November -1
    We've created a monster! Jenny you seem pretty close to the island actually. Nobody get too excited yet, we still have to see if our dogs will even play flyball. If they do agility then it would be Shiba High Intensity Team Agility new Your
    or SHITAY not as cool.
  • edited November -1
    How about SHITANY (Shiba High Intensity Team Agility New York), we don't always have to leave out the 'New'. Or you can just throw the 'Agility New York' up front to make it ANYSHIT, and then our motto could be "Don't give us ANYSHIT"
  • edited November -1
    oye..
  • edited November -1
    hahahhahaha you guys always make me laugh.