Transport Needed for Shiba Gals pulled from AR breeder

edited July 2009 in Rescue
"I'm the director of a very small non-profit animal rescue in TN. (We rescue papillons and pomeranians.)

I have been contacted by a breeder who wants to release 15 Shiba Inus that they are retiring from breeding. We are not equipped to take these dogs in. I am trying to help find placement for them in appropriate rescues.

The dogs range in age from 6-9 years old, they are purebreed, healthy, and vaccinated. They are located at the breeder's near Fort Smith , AR. Obviously they aren't spayed or neutered. This breeder tried contacting one rescue and never heard back. They are contemplating euthanizing them. If you can assist by taking 1 or more of these dogs please contact me. You will be saving the life of any dog(s) you can take in.

If you are not located near AR but can take one or more of these dogs please let me know. I might be able to get them to you.

Sincerely,

Mary DiIorio

Director
South Paw Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, Inc.

www.SouthPawRescue.org"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Currently, Kellie of Geisler's Precious Pups Rescue out of Pittsburgh, PA has agreed to take these girls in. She is having trouble arranging transport to get them there though. So if anybody between AR and PA can help, please let me or Kellie know.
**She is also looking for fosters. So if anybody is interested in fostering an older female, let me know and I'll pass it along.**

my email: shibaslave@gmail.com

Kellie's email: kjgeisler@aol.com
Kellie's Rescue: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA572.html

Thank you.

Comments

• edited November -1
    i may be interested in housing a dog! :) i'm in orange county, california.
  • edited November -1
    Awesome - you might want to check out rescues local to you though, OC is kinda far from Pittsburgh, PA!
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, I agree, it is far! :)

However, there isn't much look in the socal area at least not that I know of, unless you can shed some light for me. Thanks!
  • edited November -1
    WTF? Some "breeder"! O_o............ugh :(
  • edited November -1
    nuwde - check out the Southern California Shiba Inu Rescue, contact person's name is Michelle
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1427.html
    There is a phone and email on that page

Other shiba rescue groups: http://www.shibas.org/rescue.html
  • edited November -1
    An AKC breeder or a miller/back yard breeder?
  • edited November -1
    Why does this message make me mad?!

"15 Shiba Inus that they are retiring from breeding"... "They are contemplating euthanizing them".
  • edited November -1
    If they have 15 that they're retiring all at once... how big must that operation be?! Unless they're shutting down Shiba breeding altogether, and just want to unload their dogs. Either way, it sounds pretty industrial to me.
  • edited November -1
    I have no idea, Lindsay. Kellie's been in direct contact with the breeder (who is in AR i believe?). You can email her!
  • edited November -1
    PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

Shiba Transport, Fort Smith, AR to Chicago, IL/West Liberty, IA/Fort Wayne, IN/Bath, MI/Cedar Point, TX Saturday, August 22nd to Sunday, August 23rd
    **14 LEGS STILL NEED TO BE FILLED**

PASSENGER INFORMATION LISTED AT BOTTOM OF SHEET
    NUMBER OF PASSENGERS - 10 Shiba Inu
    RESPONSIBLE RESCUE - Shiba Inu Rescue Association www.savingshibas.com
    RESCUE COORDINATOR - Aimee Winkler

Please respond to admin @savingshibas. com (remove spaces) if you can take a leg/legs or part of a leg.Please include your car's make/model/color, license plate state/number and contact phone number.

**NOTE the number of dogs being transported on each leg. If your vehicle is not able to accommodate every dog please let me know and we will look for additional volunteers for that leg. 4 Crates will ONLY be provided for Transport A (2 dogs per crate).**

Coming from: Breeder
    Going to: Foster Homes
    Every leg allows a 10 minute break

**ALL LEGS AND TIMES ARE VERY FLEXIBLE**

Transport A - Saturday, August 22nd
    Leg 1 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Fort Smith, AR to Bentonville, AR 81 miles 7:00 am to 8:20 am CST 8 shibas
    Leg 2 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Bentonville AR to Mt. Vernon, MO 78 miles 8:30 am to 9:55 am CST 8 shibas
    Leg 3 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Mt. Vernon, MO to Lebanon, MO 85 miles 10:05 am to 11:20 am CST 8 shibas
    Leg 4 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Lebanon, MO to Cuba, MO 78 miles 11:30 am to 12:40 pm CST 8 shibas
    Leg 5 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Cuba, MO to St. Louis, MO 81 miles 12:50 pm to 2:05 pm CST 8 shibas
    Leg 6 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! St. Louis, MO to Farmersville, IL 81 miles 2:15 pm to 3:25 pm CST 7 shibas
    Leg 7 Filled! Thanks Michele! Farmersville, IL to McLean, IL 74 miles 3:35 pm to 4:40 pm CST 7 shibas
    Leg 8 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! McLean, IL to Gardner, IL 83 miles 4:50 pm to 6:05 pm CST 7 shibas
    Leg 9 Filled! Thanks Alana! Gardner, IL to Chicago, IL 72 miles 6:15 pm to 7:25 pm CST 3 shibas

Transport B - Saturday, August 22nd
    Leg 1 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Gardner, IL to Peru, IL 76 miles 6:15 pm to 7:20 pm CST 1 shiba
    Leg 2 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Peru, IL to Davenport, IA 88 miles 7:30 pm to 8:50 pm CSTl 1 shiba
    Leg 3 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Davenport, IA to West Liberty, IA 43 miles 9:00 pm to 9:45 pm CST 1 shiba

Transport C - Saturday, August 22nd
    Leg 1 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Gardner, IL to Valparaiso, IN 81 miles 6:15 pm to 7:55 pm CST 2 shibas
    Leg 2 Filled! Thanks Michele! Valparaiso, IN to Warsaw, IN 75 miles 8:05 pm to 10:30 pm CST/EST 2 shibas
    Leg 3 Filled! Thanks Michele! Warsaw, IN to Fort Wayne, IN 42 miles 10:40 pm to 11:30 pm EST 2 shibas
    Overnight Filled! Thanks Michele! In or near Fort Wayne, IN

Transport D - Sunday, August 23rd
    Leg 1 Filled! Thanks Sherri! Fort Wayne, IN to Tekonsha, MI 77 miles 9:00 am to 10:10 am EST 1 shiba
    Leg 2 Filled! Thanks Sherri! Tekonsha, MI to Bath, MI 69 miles 10:20 am to 11:20 am EST 1 shiba

Transport E - Saturday, August 22nd
    Leg 1 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Fort Smith, AR to Canadian, OK 89 miles 7:00 am to 8:20 am CST 2 shibas
    Leg 2 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Canadian, OK to Atoka, OK 64 miles 8:30 am to 9:30 am CST 2 shibas
    Leg 3 NEED VOLUNTEER!!! Atoka, OK to Van Alstyne, TX 76 miles 9:40 am to 10:50 am CST 2 shibas
    Leg 4 Filled! Thanks Nicole! Van Alstyne, TX to Italy, TX 91 miles 11:00 am to 12:25 pm CST 2 shibas
    Leg 5 Filled! Thanks Nicole! Italy, TX to Troy, TX 55 miles 12:35 pm to 1:50 pm CST 1 shiba
    Leg 6 Filled! Thanks Chris! Troy, TX to Cedar Park, TX 90 miles 2:00 pm to 3:05 pm CST 1 shiba

10 PASSENGERS
    BREED: Shiba Inu
    SEX: All Females
    COLOR: Red, Sesame, Black & Tan, Cream
    SIZE/WEIGHT: Unknown
    SPAYED/NEUTERED: No
    SHOT UTD: Yes
    HEALTH: Unknown
    HOUSETRAINED: Unknown
    SPECIAL NEEDS: Unknown
    DOES THE DOG RIDE WELL IN A CAR: Unknown
    DOES DOG GET ALONG WITH OTHER ANIMALS: Unknown
    ADDITIONAL INFO: Dogs might be nervous. Please keep in crates at all times if not on potty breaks.
    ITEMS PROVIDED: 4 crates (2 dogs per crate) for Transport A, No crates provided for Transports B, C, D, E
    ITEMS NEEDED: water bowls, leash, collar
  • edited November -1
    ^^Since some of us are headed in these directions for the meetup, just spreading the word..
  • edited November -1
    If they were coming into Ontario, Canada could have helped. I also don't know anyone (who's not on the forum already) who lives on any of those routes. I feel so helpless =0(