Jiro went home today.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Jen, you have to be in sales...you're good...Jiro's face doesn't help me either...

Joe/Dawn, you have no idea how hard it is for me to resist having to fight you guys to foster him ;-) But you're nice people and I love how Spuds and the Brat like each other so I'll be calm and submissive lol.
  • edited November -1
    What? This Face?
    From
    :)

I'm being honest, calling it as I interpret it, truly. The purpose of fostering is projecting what the dog's ideal forever home life will be as you get to know the dog. So, I'm just posting and posting as I learn more about him to hopefully attract someone who is willing to accept everything he is, and will become, forever.
  • edited November -1
    I love him, I would take him if my husband would let me....But I already have a pair so I leave it to Irene/Spuds to fight it out with Joe/Dawn/Katsu!
  • edited November -1
    Yes, Jen... THAT face... If I knew Bella would be okay with a male housemate, I would scoop him up in a heartbeat. He is just adorable!
  • edited November -1
    NOPE..i'm resisting..must not reach into monitor and grab Jiro..I'm going to walk away...
    I'm staying out of this until Joe/Dawn say otherwise...the rules..the rules ;-)
  • edited November -1
    EEEEEEEeeeeee! Soooo cute!!!! If Mylo could handle another dog (let alone another male) I'd be weighing my options, but I've gotta stick with my little pooper. Do you know how he (Jiro) is with cats?
  • edited November -1
    Irene,
    That's very noble of you to give Joe and Dawn the first right of refusal:P.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Wow, Jiro is one good looking guy! I'm very late on this thread...

It's amazing how at home he feels in such a short time! Great job!
  • edited November -1
    He does enjoying being in a home, that much I can tell!

Its sort of a good thing he and Kitsu didn't truly hit it off, because I think I would have considered keeping him by now. Sigh.

So I remind myself that he gets on Kitsu's nerves, he hates baths and people touching his paws (shiba scream!) and is pretty high energy (for now)... otherwise, he's something special.
  • edited November -1
    He's so freaking handsome. Dawn and I have some serious thinking to do. I can't belive it, a dog I can actually steal! Keep feeding us the cute pictures, hopefully it'll help sway Dawn towards saying yes totally. She's the more level headed one and really is weighing all the pros and cons. Shes at the maybe stage right now. But it's good to know there's already a line for him either way.

Irene- I didn't know you and Matt were looking to add another dog to your house?
  • edited November -1
    He has such an irresistable manly Shiba face.
  • edited November -1
    I am so glad you didn't pick Roku. Roku's are media devices that my husbands company uses in their retail display units.
    My husband trains the display techs and Rokus are the bain of his existence.

So this is what I think of whe I think of Roku.
  • edited November -1
    We always wanted to rescue a pup, then have a baby...instead we bought a pup...working on the baby...but we love Spuds so much that we had talked about getting another Shiba to keep her company. Matthew and I just talked over fostering last night, and we might sign up for NYC Shiba rescue if nothing else. I have to take care of Spuds first, she's not well today.
  • edited August 2009
    Jen, he's getting neutered tomorrow right?

I'd say if he had been done earlier or if you guys are willing to do this anyways, but the meet up at Kristin's house is two weeks after the WI meet up, so it would make a nice 'get a taste of having Jiro' period.

Since I'll be practically passing Jen's house anyways, I can always pick him up on my way back from WI and Irene and/or Joe/Dawn can try him out for 2 weeks. And if they feel they can't handle him, just give him back to Jen in September.
  • edited November -1
    what's wrong with the Spud?
  • edited November -1
    Beth, awesome idea!

He has a prelim appt tomorrow morning as a new patient, they will tell us whether he can get neutered tomorrow (I suspect he will). Ideally, since he already knows my home, and he's an adult loosing his parts, he should recover at my home to make it less difficult on his new (potential) family.

Also, no one has given a definite yes, and I think its relatively short notice to make such a big decision - this weekend!

He will be posted on NYCSR after tomorrow as a courtesy listing.
  • edited November -1
    I wish this was like ... 2-3 years from now. xD
    Toby is dog friendly with male and female dogs.

God I love Jiro so much. :( I wish I could scoop him up, but I don't trust my parents. lol.

Well, whoever he goes to, they will love him! :)
  • edited November -1
    Daily Dose:
    From Jiro San
    Today when my lunch was almost over, I had to chase that boy down to get him back in the kitchen.. he was having way too much fun running around with Tsuki and entertaining himself with his wubba kong. He was so cute about it, darting every which way.. grumbling when I 'caught' him (put him into a sit-stay, which worked!)
  • edited November -1
    LOL, gotta love the one-paw-tucked-under which looks really uncomfortable. He's adorable.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Jiro San is so Adorable and HAPPY!
  • edited November -1
    I was asked what I look for in a potential forever home for Jiro, so I'll just post it here too:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I'm looking for permanency. I'm looking for shiba savvy and positive training minded people. I'm looking for someone who understands he isn't perfect and will work with him on what he needs to learn/modify.

I'm looking for someone who is a responsible dog owner, who keeps their dog and Jiro UTD on vet care, grooming, wholesome food, and exercise/mind stimulation. That he gets attention each and every day. That he's reminded that he's loved each and every day. And that he gets a walk and chances to play each and every day.

I'm looking for someone who will give me updates :) and adhere to the agreement that should anything go wrong with Jiro, or unexpected life events occur, that if he could not be safely and timely enrolled in NYCSR's foster program, that I be contacted and arrange for him to come back to me.

Really, I expect him to be cared the way I would care for him, in a forever home.
  • edited November -1
    You forgot to add, "I'm looking for someone to sign-up and join on nihonken.org after they adopt him."

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Hopefully Jiro's forever home is already signed up on the forum... :)
  • edited November -1
    Hopefully ;)
  • edited November -1
    This thread makes me so happy =0)

p.s. not to thread-jack, but does anyone know where Pixie (from NYCSR) ended up? I was sooooo in love with that gorgeous little girl.
  • edited November -1
    Why do you do this to me Jen? ;-)
  • edited November -1
    jen, are you staying over night for the meetup in sept?
  • edited November -1
    Joe/Dawn - yes we are staying overnight and planning on the dog beach for the next day. What's up?

Took a really cute one tonight -
    From Jiro San
  • edited November -1
    we wanted to know how long we had to hang out with him and see how katsu does with him. we're not going to make any decisions until we meet him. he is absolutely adorable and i love him but I (being the overly paranoid one) have a lot of contemplating to do. : )

dawn
  • edited November -1
    If its any help (which I'm sure its not!)

We had Tsuki since she was 3.5 months old. Right about the time she was 7 months we adopted Kitsune, who was at the time about 11 months. Their energy level matched, their spirit and play style matched.
    Tsuki had already been sharing her home with a basset hound (foster, male) but still had trouble *sharing* everything like toys and treats. Kitsune was pretty easy going right from the start with her and let her take stuff out of his mouth and gave small growls for what he wanted to keep.
    They have, to date almost 1.5yrs later, only have had one argument that was loud, crazy, and left Kitsu will a little scuff mark on his face.

They are truly a wonderful pair.

We've been prepping Jiro with Tsuki, she's naturally "minesy" with toys and special stuff. They've eaten side by side, they've stayed out together while I took a nap. They've played with the same toy. She will take stuff from him but he's OK with it.
    Like here:

Of course you have double the poop at each walk, you have to separate them for a while when not home and you have double the vet and food and equipment costs...

But double the fun :) and double the shiba love, double the joy of watching them play and explore together.

Its really a whole new dynamic of the relationship you have now with Katsu when she's part of a pair that really 'works'. I hope they get along well over Labor Day