Fernando

124»

Comments

• edited November -1

Hey Jess,

Any updates on how Fernando's doing???

• edited November -1

He is still at the shelter. We are TRYING to get him a job as a search and rescue dog.

Good news, Brody, Lennox, James Dean, and Happy Bobby all got adopted. 

• edited November -1
    That's great news! I hope Fernando gets a home soon too!
  • edited November -1
    Thats awesome news! 
  • edited November -1
    Actually I am going there Saturday, we are starting to train the dogs to get them CGC certified to make them more adoptable.
  • edited November -1
    That IS fantastic news!!! I wish Fernando Luck.
  • edited November -1
    I am very sad to post, Fernando was put to sleep yesterday. We tried so hard to find him a home or a job. He was in the shelter for six months. That is a record here. These past couple weeks he started to show signs of deep depression. I can only pray that is somewhere where he can be loved, and at peace. He deserved better on this earth. So hopefully he can know joy now.
  • edited November -1
    I am very sad to post, Fernando was put to sleep yesterday. We tried so hard to find him a home or a job. He was in the shelter for six months. That is a record here. These past couple weeks he started to show signs of deep depression. I can only pray that is somewhere where he can be loved, and at peace. He deserved better on this earth. So hopefully he can know joy now.
  • edited November -1
    :( I'm sorry Jessica.
  • edited November -1
    Poor guy. :-( I wish I could say something meaningful, but I don't think I could do him justice.
  • edited November -1
    :( I was really hoping someone great would scoop this wonderful guy up. You know he was special for being allowed to stay at the shelter for 6 months and making a record out of it. I hope he's in a better place now. Sorry Jess, I know you tried hard.
  • edited November -1
    I'm very sorry and sad to read that. He deserved better. They all do.
  • edited May 2008
    ((((HUGGS))))

Sometimes I imagine there is a park out there (you know in the clouds/heavenly), and there is a park bench. This is where everyone is waiting for me. They sit and enjoy the tranquility and talk about the days ahead filled with laughter and joy. On this bench sits all of the most loved people of my life. My friend Rusty is there, my friend David is there, even my Gram (mom's mom), and around them gather all the little critters who I have adored and cared for. Some are sitting on Rusty's lap, some are running around playing.

It makes me smile because I think of all the little chickens and silly creatures that have filled my heart. They are sitting there waiting for me to arrive and I can half-hear Rusty saying "now who are you?" to any new arrivals. It is getting a bit busy there and I laugh knowing that they are comforted with only good thoughts and rememberances.

I will reach that park bench one day and see all my favorite litte hearts again. In time, maybe not too soon, but in time. My work here is long from being done and there are still so many little hearts to touch. It is amazing how many can fit on a park bench in heaven.

Bless Fernando. Bless you too Jessica.

Biggest Huggs, ....Ron
  • edited November -1
    Poor Fernando, 6 months is far too long to be stuck at a shelter.

I hope you are doing alright Jessica, you did all you could to try and find him a home.
  • edited November -1
    This truly is sad, although I'm sure he is finally at peace.
  • edited November -1
    That really sux!
  • edited November -1
    Awe, sniff.