Jiro went home today.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Good! Wanting to do gymnastics again but we have to hold all 4 paws on the ground while he recovers from the snip.
  • edited November -1
    From Jiro San
    Jiro Flower
  • edited November -1
    I'm thinking of old Genesis- Peter Gabriel in the flower outfits...
  • edited November -1
    Cute pic! Is he missing a front tooth?
  • edited November -1
    Jiro is a hockey dog, Joe.
  • edited November -1
    Lol he almost looks happy about it !
  • edited November -1
    Aw, Lampshade Jiro! He does look pretty happy though! Although, that could be the pain meds :P
  • edited November -1
    He IS a hockey dog - must be - he is indeed missing a bottom tooth. I don't know how long back, or why. But he eats just fine without it.

He's antsy, downright demanding really, so I've started to walk him again. He scaled the stairs last night and I almost stroked out right there... Nothing, and I mean NOTHING! Slows this boy down!
  • edited November -1
    That settles it: He IS a hockey dog- they play through the pain. Handsome Jiro!
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, we couldn't have him with Spuds. They sound identical in craziness.Not only would my apartment fall apart, but we would too LOL.
    Glad the nutter's doing better...can't wait to meet him though!!! :)
  • That's my kinda dog.

I guess most shibas are kind of like soccer dogs though. every time they get tackled they grab their left ankle roll around and shiba scream until the ref give out a yellow card.
  • edited November -1
    :) Now I understand why those guys at the world cup lifted their leg on the goalpost after a goal- they were actually shiibas.
  • edited November -1
    Baaaahahahahahahahahaha @ Joe and Chrystal. Too funny. =0)

Jiro is a happy, healthy, lovely looking dog!
  • edited November -1
    "I guess most shibas are kind of like soccer dogs though. every time they get tackled they grab their left ankle roll around and shiba scream until the ref give out a yellow card."

Jiro not so much. He rolls it off (or on top of Tsuki which drives her insane!), he's more rugby I think.
  • Jiro updates?
  • edited November -1
    I'm uploading two (poorly filmed) videos to youtube right now. I've been watching Jiro like a hawk now that he's post neuter for any noticeable behavioral changes, and while subtle, I think some are there already (2 weeks post op).

Jiro met another husky today (his first that I know of being Tikaani) and he did really well. On leash.

I plan to bring him to a small community park this weekend that has a sort of 'unofficial' dog park setting to see how he does. Usually the crowd there is really small and controlled, we'll see how he does.

He meets a second interested family this Sunday, and their male shiba Otis.
  • Cool. I'm glad he's doing better.

What kind of changes have you noticed?

Is Otis on the forum?
  • edited November -1
    Otis is not on the forum that I know of, and neither is their female shiba Kota. They are on dogster, though.

I've noticed he's not as attentive to Kitsune as he used to be, he's more in it for the game, not to be all over the other male he's playing with.
    I put four examples (poorly filmed!) here:
    http://shibainuspirit.blogspot.com/2009/09/jiros-play.html
  • edited November -1
    Jiro and Kitsu are really coming along in their relationship. They play a ton now, they have equal footing in their play and seem to agree when it should start, when it should heat up and when it should stop. Its all kinds of awesome.

They shared a toy - tugged with it actually. And ate next to one another. Shared a water bowl.

I'm so proud of the boys! (have pics, will upload tonight..)
  • Awesome!
  • edited November -1
    Wow! Glad to hear that the boys are getting along.

But I am terribly upset that I am going to have to wait until tonight for photos!!! :-P
  • edited November -1
    Good news!
  • edited November -1
    Awwwww!!!! That's so great to hear! I'm so glad they're both developing and learning =0)

lol I must admit, your thread name makes me kinda sad. Best friends for now =0(. But I know that you'll make sure that Jiro finds a fantastic forever home with lots of love and attention!
  • edited November -1
    "I guess most shibas are kind of like soccer dogs though. every time they get tackled they grab their left ankle roll around and shiba scream until the ref give out a yellow card."

LOL @ Joe's statement because that's exactly what my shibas are!
  • edited November -1
    Ok, pics:

Food sharing, this actually didn't take much work at all!Just a few reminders here and there, then they were fine. And continue to do fine, but just with kibble - nothing else.

Buddies
    (please excuse my shiba-trashed living room!)

I Love this shot!

Jiro likes to "nom nom" Tsuki's face
    She's surprisingly tolerant, until...
  • edited November -1
    Love the pics! Adorable =0)
  • great spam!
  • edited November -1
    Sake misses her friends...Jiro looks like he is healing well and learning how to be buddies with other Shibas!
  • edited November -1
    Thats a really good point, Kristin. I'm not sure how much of a 'dog' he was allowed to be in his previous life before us, but it seemed he had a lot of catching up to do... but he's doing really well. I really like him, its going to be really really hard to part with him. Good lord I don't even want to think about it :(
  • edited September 2009
    Jiro was adopted today. I was just so involved that I failed big time to get any pics...

His new family is a woman and her 3 y/o black/tan female shiba. They were joined by her parents and their male shiba for a meet and greet. Everyone did so well, its like he knew them forever.

And that's how you know - when that happens and you watch the human and dog interactions - that's how you know he's home now.

So Jiro went home today. As soon as they give me an update w/ pic, I'll share.
    From Jiro San