Shogun Needs a Home! (1.5yr old Shikoku Male)

Hi All -

We are looking for a nice home for Shogun, specifics follow:

Chouun Go Jirakusou (Shogun)
Born: Dec. 09, 2011.
Sire: Chouji Go Izumo Shoueisou
Dam: Kumoharume Go Izumo Yanosou

Shogun

This handsome young Shikoku male is looking for a home. Chouun Go Jirakusou (Shogun) Japan import, born December 9th 2011.

We are looking for a home with an experienced dog owner. Shogun needs to be neutered which will be done by us before he goes to his new home. He is not used to being a house dog but will learn quickly.

He is a sweet boy with people, loves female and puppy dogs but does not accept other male dogs. It will take some time but his behavior towards male dogs will change once he is neutered.

For more information please contact Katja Weber at Akashima Kennels. (katja@akashima.bc.ca)

Comments

• Handsome shikoku! Love his looks and coloring I hope he finds a good knowledgeable home.
  • We want him!
  • Wow...SO handsome. I'm sure he'll have no trouble finding a home <3
  • Awe hes perfect!
  • ^.^ great looking pup.
  • Isnt he co owned too?
  • We still want him!
  • Awe @Myabee09! Make sure you find out how to contact them to get him! He would be in SUCH a loving home with you all! <3
  • I emailed them, but I am still waiting on an answer. Maybe my email didn't go through...
  • I hope he comes home with you <3!
  • Ah, the email didn't go through. Stupid phone!
  • LOL! xP
  • edited July 2013
    We really want to find a good home for Shogun, from what I have heard, he has a nice temperament and is a good dog. Which I believe is the right thing to do. (I co-own him)

• As requested, I split the discussion regarding Shikoku Ken breeding and health to a new discussion. Please keep this thread focused on finding lovely Shogun a forever home.

Here is the new thread: http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/8703/split-thread-shikoku-health-breeding
  • @Edgewood - I edited your comment above to remove the bit that related to health discussion. Please feel free to repost that thought over in the other thread. I hope you don't mind.
  • Just bring this up on the list again, since Mr. Stud Shogun still needs an awesome home!
  • I thought @Myabee09 is trying to contact Katja for him?
  • @CrimsonO2, I think she did get a hold of Katja and it did not work out :( So he still needs a home...

(I think that got included in the other split thread)
  • edited July 2013
    Sections copied from the split, health related, thread:

Hi All -

Sorry for taking so long to chime in, I have not had the time to stay on top of the forum posts and comments the past few months. I co-own Shogun with @Edgewood and Katja.

Shogun is an amazing dog who stayed with my family from the age of 10 months to 18 months. His absence was intended to be temporary, as he was to travel to Akashima, finish off his Champion status on the show circuit, and have his health checks done before either returning home or being sent to @Edgewood for use in her breeding program.

Upon having health tests done, it was determined that Shogun had HD. Shogun comes from excellent stock in Japan, has a fantastic temperament, and moves extremely well. I still cannot believe Shogun had a bad hip x-ray, if you saw him in person, you would know what I mean. He is an extremely strong and agile young dog.

All of us are committed to keeping our breeding stock healthy, and once it was determined that Shogun had HD, the decision was made by the three of us to place him in a pet only home. I am saddened that he has subsequently been neutered; however, I understand the reasoning. Shogun will be a tremendous dog for whoever gives him a new home.

For anyone concerned with owing a dog that has questionable hips, I would like to share a bit of information about one of my male rescues, Yoshi, who has moderate HD. Despite his HD, Yoshi is an excellent dog, and though having had to be medicated for hip related pain by his previous owner (before we got him), we no longer have any issues. We adjusted his activity level to less aggressive forms of excercise, placed him on a quality weight maintenance kibble, and switched to a 'healthy hip' style treat. He has a wider rear leg stance than before and now does frog squats with no apparent discomfort. Unlike Shogun, it is obvious from looking at Yoshi that something is off with his hips, but we have not had to medicate, and he moves much better than when we first got him two years ago. He is fully capable and can hold his own with the other members of our pack. This is proof positive that dogs with HD can still be wonderful companions.

As I already have two male rescues, and my long term goal is to establish a breed preservation program involving ten to twelve active dogs over three lines, we decided it was better to place Shogun in a forever home, and preserve some space here for my future plans. Unfortunately, I cannot keep everyone.

-Mac.
  • @CrimsonO2 I did contact Katja about him. It didn't work out because I already have 3 other dogs and a cat. I hope he finds a good home soon. :)
  • Bummer... Hope he finds a nice home! He sound like he would be a good buddy :)
  • I hope he finds a good home with a responsible owner. He is a beautiful Kurogoma Shikoku.
This discussion has been closed.