HONOLULU, HAWAII - Kiba the Kai is FOUND!

Comments

• Yay! SOoo exciting that he was found and still healthy! :)
  • :D
    Best news on a Monday morning EVER.

I am so glad to hear that Kiba is safe and has been keeping himself well fed!
  • great news!!!
  • Wonderful news! Now his owner will need to figure out how to keep him at home -- in case he wants to test his hunting skills.
  • Smiles all around!
  • OH MY GOODNESS!!! Was NOT expecting this at all, best surprise ever!! So happy for everyone, Kiba, the family, etc... AH! I'm glad to hear the little wiggle monster is still his friendly wiggly self. :)

@sunyata that's what i was thinking!! way to keep himself fed lol! I wonder what kind of mischief he made while out :P
  • That is fantastic! So glad to hear that he was found (and in good health)!
  • Omg! I missed this earlier! I'm so happy for the people and dog I've never met!!!!! Such amazing news!!!!!!!
  • So glad he was caught alive and not shot for hunting chickens..
  • That is awesome news! So glad for a happy ending with this missing kai!!
  • That is most wonderful. I'm so glad that the dog is o.k.
  • Excellent! ^-^
  • I've been having a crappy day and logged into the forums for the first time in a couple of weeks and this made me smile. Good news indeed. So glad he is healthy and home or soon to be home :)
  • Unexpectedly wonderful news! That is simply amazing!
  • Great news! I'm so glad he was found, it made me a little heartsick when I heard he had been lost.
  • Is Kiba's owner on the forum? I really wanna see happy pics of our little mongoose once they are reunited!
  • edited August 2014
    Oh wow.. I knew about the Kai in Florida since we lived only a couple of hours from there. She was never found was she? I never knew about these other ones.. Poor Mishi.. I can even imagine the feelings...
    No, the dog was never found. :( I found and adopted a dog in Alachua that looked remarkably similar to what Mochi would be a few years later, but it wasn't.

I named the Border Collie Mix I found Mochi though ^.^

Wow, two months later and Kiba was found. Very impressive. I wonder how this affected his social interactions of being with a family now that he has been in the wild.
  • I would advise Kiba's owners that now he has hunted, and was successful, they CANNOT let him outside alone / offleash. Tavi can jump our 6ft wooden fence and will go visit the neighbor's woodpile to hunt rats sometimes. The prey drive is strong in these ones!
  • That's what I was thinking too, omgtain!
  • Also, if he slipped from a collar, get him in a harness.
  • Yep, a kai with a high prey drive can be a force to reckon with. Tora will clear any fence in front of her if she feels the reward is high enough. Thankfully she respects the fence boundary most of the time.
  • edited August 2014
    My puppy has a REALLY high prey drive. She keeps treeing every squirrel she sees!

edit: link to photo because I think she's adorable: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/wyumez/2012-10-27_13-28-20_735.jpg
  • Such good news! We were just thinking about him the other day and how sad the whole thing was. What a resourceful pup, I'm so glad he's ok.
  • how is he doing back with his owners?
  • He is doing well, they're taking it slow with him. Aside from a few ticks, he had a totally clean bill of health too!
  • So glad he's doing well.
  • This reminds me of a really cute article by PawsAbilities. I read it trying to figure out what kind of dog Hanzo is, then finally landed on the last type which aptly stated:
    These dogs are smart and capable. In fact, if people all disappeared tomorrow, these are the dogs who would not only survive, but thrive.
    https://paws4udogs.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/what-kind-of-dog-do-you-drive/
  • I'm happy Kiba is back and doing well!

@tmd - I love that article. That is adorable.
  • @tmd, that's awesome! Love our little dragons :)
  • re: dragons- I think that's well-put, Good Find! For me, key to my relationship with my dragons is that we already want the same things, we are curious about the same things, and to them, the road to doing what they love best runs with ME (Wow! We get to be with mom AND stop to look at bear poop? BEST EVER!)- let's get outside, investigate, explore and maybe we aren't bound for the summit, but we checked it all out and we did it together.