parvo

edited May 2008 in Akita (秋田犬)
Just had to put my big akita inu Diego to sleep a few weeks ago who picked up parvo

it was so sad for all the family. He had only turned 2 on his birthday and that day

he picked up the virus from a dead rat,wouldnt wish it on anybody.Was really worried about 

my other 2 dogs picking it up but have been really lucky that they didnt get it.

He was a smashing dog and he will always be missed.

DIEGO 2006-2008

Comments

• edited November -1
    :( Run free Diego.
  • edited November -1
    OMG. I'm so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with Diego.
  • edited November -1
    Awww im so sorry!  I cant imagine the pain, Diego had an awesome life im sure!
  • edited November -1

Yeah he sure did,He only had 2 years but the love and joy he give us and memories will never go away.

Thanks everyone

• edited November -1
    I'm sorry for you and Diego. Parvo is one of those things that freaks me out a bit, I'm always steering Kuma clear of dropings and anything that might even look like droppings.

Was Diego vaccinated?
  • edited November -1
    Yeah he was vaccinated.All it took was 1 sniff of that rat and that was it.As soon as we knew wot he was doin he was pulled away but it was to late.

Wot makes it even worse was we had waited for 1.5 years to get a bitch and only had the 2 of them
    together for 5 days before we lost him
  • edited November -1
    Crap! Again, I'm sorry.
  • edited November -1
    That's both terrible and very worrisome. My dogs and I walk past dead animals on a regular basis. I do my best to make sure they don't get to sniff. I hope Diego is in a happy place and you and your other pups are moving on. 
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear that!
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Diego. May your fond memories ease the loss, and his spirit stay with you.

We had to put down our dog, Joe, a family pet for 12 years, due to cancer only 9 days before we found Josephine. While she can never replace Joe, as my husband says sometimes it seems that Joe had a "paw" in bringing him together with yet another lost dog (both dogs were found as puppies in desolate areas, with no one around, no collars, etc.). Maybe Diego will help you in some similar fashion?