Got a snuggler?

edited June 2008 in General
While both Ronan and Tasha are both very sweet natured dogs, Tasha hates to snuggle. She totally freaks out if you try to hug her or get in her face. By that, I mean she spazzes and tries to run away. I've always said Tasha's temperment is like that of an angel's. Just don't crowd her.

Ronan on the other hand, loves to be cuddled, fussed over, smooched, held, whatever. It's certainly his element and when he's happiest. Well, other than squeaky toy play time. He doesn't mind you being right in his face - even strangers. I can wake Ronan up out of a dead sleep at 3 am if I want and he instantly shows belly and leg and will let you move him, flip him, or smooch him all up. I can hold him in my lap - upside down like a baby even. No problem.

So, do you have a snuggler?

Comments

• edited November -1
    I used to have a snuggler, but then Joey arrived and my snuggler got bitter. :-(
  • edited November -1
    Piglet is the ultimate cuddle bug. If she could cut me open and climb inside me (think like the tonton scene in Empire Strikes Back) she absolutely would.
    Miko is a wreckless kissing bandit. She will climb inside your mouth if you let her. If I don't get up quickly, Jay will put Miko on the bed to slobber on me.
    Moto snuggles on Motos terms. He will be quite the cuddle baby but once he is done, he will bark and walk away. I feel so used...
  • edited November -1
    Portia cuddles like there's no tomorrow. Everytime we're on the couch or on the bed, she's right there with us. Ninja on the other hand is like Moto. He will cuddle when he wants and when he's done, he wants nothing else to do with you!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Ryu is just like Ninja and Moto.... If I try to cuddle with him, he squirms and runs away. but if I ignore him, he'll come by me and snuggle by my side... but not close enough to where he's obviously snuggling me... lol
  • edited November -1
    Jazz is a snuggler - she rolls over onto her back for belly rubs all the time - she'll flick her paws if you stop. Also, when it is time to sleep, she cuddles up behind my knees.
  • edited November -1
    Our Shibas are very snuggly, our Akita are not at all... Hilo will tolerate it but doesn't love it. Ahi will NEVER snuggle, Kona seems to like snuggling if he is sleepy and Loa Loves to snuggle but has ants in the pants so it doesn't last very long. Loa too is a kissy freak... her licker never stops.

----

Ahi growls at you if you are across the room and even think of snuggling with her. That is how we know she is ok, since she is so drugged with pain meds right now she is super out of it - it freaks us out. So sometimes when she is just laying there so still, we check on her to make sure she is ok... if she growls at us, she is ok. lol.

The other night when we got her home from the surgery I really thought she was dead or something, she looked so odd - I kinda panicked for a second. I went over to check on her and stuck my hand in the crate and heard "gggrrrrrrrrrrrr", real half ass tho. I was so relieved! lol.

I went up stairs to go to bed and Jen was already in bed. She said "I can't sleep. I'm to worried about Ahi. She looked really sad, I hope she is ok"... my reply was "Oh yea, I know, but she is ok - she growled at me". Jen responded "oh, ok, good."... how funny is that? She is such a character. lol.

----
  • edited November -1
    Tojo's not into cuddling. He's more of a near-but-not-touching type, although he'll occassionally rest his head on my lap. Rakka likes to be pet, rubbed, scratched, and all that but she always wants to paw at you, wiggle, and gnaw your hands. She's also super licky. Skella is cuddle queen. She'll snuggle any time, any place, anyone! If I even look at her for too long, she turns into a lovey mush.
  • edited November -1
    Kuma will kiss you to death if you don't fight back, hehehe. He will cuddle for a bit, but then I think he gets too hot and goes where it's fresh. But he loves his sofa time.
  • edited November -1
    It's kind of weird. Keigo hates to be crowded, but he loves when I put my head against him or put my arms around him in bed. Mika loves getting hugs, but only likes to sleep in a ball, so no cuddling there.
  • edited November -1
    Ronan's a licky-lou, too. We often say, "Dog can't hold his licker."
  • edited November -1
    ^Michelle, lol!^

Tsuki is sort of a snuggler? If she is tired, otherwise she's gotta be everywhere else doing everything else.

Kitsune is a man's man, he'd rather not, but there are times when he is so happy to see you that he will rub all over you (legs, head, feet) and lick and lick and then if you scratch his back above his tail, he gets all wiggly and will roll and give you belly. Although the first week we had him, he was so fearful of any noise he couldn't associate with that John had to kind of hold him in bed to keep him from freaking out and barking, and by the 3rd night, Kitsune was doing it on his own, balling up next to my hub (john). Now, however, he will only sometimes put his head on John's feet while sleeping at the bottom of the bed.

Hachi is still blossoming but thrives on pets and has never ending supply of kisses if she isn't nervous by something, she will walk on me while I'm sitting on the couch and plop on my stomach for kisses and pets. She is a lil doll.
  • edited November -1
    Jake is mostly a 'snuggler' when I am rubbing him down right before bedtime and he is tired, and I have pulled him close for short periods before it's time to rise. But, I have never known him to snuggle up against me, on his own. And, that's exactly what I wanted in my pet companion.
  • edited November -1
    it could still happen - think of Jake as being at that odd little kid stage of "mom, I'm a big boy - you don't have to kiss me, do you?"
  • edited November -1
    My Kuma (Shikoku) is a lover and totally a big kisser if you let him. My husband says he loves to "schmutz" any open skin with his tongue. And he loves everyone and will takes hugs from everyone.