Lineage papers for Shikoku?

edited June 2008 in General
I have Ronan's CKC registration papers in front of me. I emailed the CKC asking for lineage paperwork like that you'd expect from the AKC showing a dog's lineage.

They emailed back and said he's not a registered breed with the CKC if I have registration papers?

How can he be registered with the CKC and not recognized by the CKC at the same time? Anyone else with a Shikoku have their dog's papers?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Thats odd. o__O

Isn't the Shikoku recognized under the CKC Miscellaneous class?
  • edited November -1
    Hmm, that is odd? I don't know since I don't have a CKC papered Shikoku (UKC papered). But the UKC did send the 3 generation pedigree to me and you can order a paper with more generations (up to 9). I would talk to Katja - or maybe even Peggy (because she has UKC papered dogs AND she has a female puppy from Katja which would most likely have CKC papers).

Good luck. I have a puppy (female) on order with Katja, so I will be interested in finding out what you end up "finding out"
  • edited November -1
    For clarification you are referring to (ckc) as Canadian Kennel Club right?

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Yes, CKC is Can Kennel Club. All Shikoku's breed by Katja (who is in BC) are registered CKC. Those bred by Peggy in Ohio are UKC, and those bred in Europe are FCI. Confused yet?
  • edited November -1
    Oh! So Shikoku can be register in the US? Aha so confused...I thought AKC was the only thing you can register with in the US >_>;~
  • edited November -1
    Yes, they are registered with the United Kennel Club (UKC) which has been around about as long as AKC, but has concentrated more on working and hunting dogs. You can google UKC to come up with their website. They send nice 3 or 4 generation pedigrees and you can get even more extensive pedigrees if you want.
  • edited November -1
    The CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) does not keep lineage records on breeds within the Misc. Class. Katja, who is Ronan's breeder, is sending me the papers.

Edgewood - that's nice you can get the pedigree past 4 generations! I like the UKC much better than the AKC, personally.
  • edited November -1
    Can you register with multiple organizations...I thought it was one or the other(s)?

Edgewood - have you gotten the extended pedigree? How does it look?
  • edited November -1
    Grandemu -I am not certain. The Dutch breeder was going to register our puppies FCI. She said she would send me the papers...never heard back and didn't get papers. And obviously TK and Sweety had to get into the UKC system (or at least their pedigrees, I am not sure if UKC re-registered their FCI papers).

I have NOT ordered the extended pedigree - I just saw that you could order it. :-)