Animal Moving Companies

edited July 2008 in General
What do you guys think of animal moving companies? They pick your pet up, take them to the airport then deliver them to their destination on the other side. Would you trust them? Any questions you think would be wise to ask if I'm shopping for one?

No, not plan on moving anytime soon (lease isn't up till March anyway :P) just something in the future to think about.

Comments

• edited November -1
    We looked into using one when we were considering moving to Bend, OR... The cost was just to high and we were not sure if we trusted using a company to move our pups.

We also considered them for shipping pups from overseas, but again the cost was like triple what it would be to ship them using a forwarder.

That's about all I can add on the subject.

----
  • edited November -1
    Never used a transportation co. myself...
    Whatever company you go with do your home work. (See below)

Snf

PET SCAMS: While there are many legitimate websites offering pets and other animals for sale and animal transportation services, there are also many scams on the Internet and the problem is continuing to grow at an alarming rate. What used to be "puppy scams" has grown to include birds and all other types of animals.

Pet Scams Proliferating on the web!

Research and ask questions before making any kind of financial commitment on the Internet.

http://www.ipata.com/page.php?rp=33