dog whisperer

edited July 2008 in General
Anyone know where to get free dog whisperer episodes online other than youtube?

Comments

• edited November -1
    i think he's all about the $$, making that task a difficult one!
  • edited November -1
    lol ok
  • edited November -1
    save your energy. Read "the other end of the leash" instead.
  • edited November -1
    wow a lot of ceasar milan haters huh? I was just board at work didnt mean to start an uproar of opinions
  • edited July 2008
    I wouldn't say hate. I personally find that his training is irresponsible. Most trainers will tell you that throwing a dog on his back and standing over him is such an act of dominance and aggression that a dog will often lash out at you. Lots of well meaning people are traumatizing their dogs because of this guy. Or worse, they are getting bitten and putting down family members.

His show also makes it look like 15 minutes and your dog should be perfect. People are showing up at my shelter not understanding that a good dog will still require consistency, dedication, discipline, and time. Not hissing and aggressive body language.

I do appreciate that his spokesdog is a pit bull though.
  • edited November -1
    Agreed, with Jessica.

Granted, the man is giving a worldwide notice to the fact that people need the training to care for their dogs but with dogs, most trainers work much more successfully with positive reinforcement and drive training (using the dog's natural drive) rather than dominance. I think Cesar is creating a misapprehension about true dominance and what it means to you and your dog. I think people that try to emulate him create many more issues than they started out with.

Again, Jessica is right. Reading Patricia McConnell's "the other end of the leash" is a much more fulfilling and worth while canine and their human behavior assessment.
  • edited November -1
    Don't hate him....there are better ways to accomplish training that inherently is easier and better for the relationship with your dog! Tsukitsune and JessicaRabbit have good advice.

In the members section there is a list of trainers on "truly dog friendly" that would be a better bet. Get your pup to one of those folks and you will see for yourself and have fun in the process. : )

Snf
  • edited November -1
    So Ill take that as a no from everyone that you dont know where to find episodes online? Honestly if people think that his 30 minute show is actually 30 minutes and the dog is trained then the person watching the show needs to have a little more sense because they give a basic way to establish rules for the dog thats all the show is, It is entertainment. There are different methods to training some people might find his not to work for him/ her other people might it all depends on the person and the dog. I wasnt looking for training methods for my dog he is responding great to my training and i use a combination of training but thanks for helping.
  • edited November -1
    Well. You could probably find the shows to download through torrents. Although you probably cannot download and install bittorrent on your computer at work.

Not sure if www.hulu.com carries the Dog Whisperer, but they have other good shows.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Brandon ill check it out.
  • edited November -1
    I don't know of anywhere to find his shows online; I personally thinks his techniques can be a bit harsh & unrealistic at times. I believe rewarding good behavior works better than physical force & is much better for your dog's mental state.
  • edited November -1
    Surfthechannel.com had online shows but not sure about the dog whisperer.

I like the it me or the dog lady better. but when im board ill catch cesar every now and then
  • edited November -1
    Yea victoria I like her show shes got a new one comming out greatest american dog or something.
  • edited November -1
    has anyone heard of 'at the end of my leash'?
    someone on campus knows I work with dogs and tried to tell me about the show, but it didn't sound all that fantastic..