Shiba Inu Names

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Moto is short for Masaharu Morimoto one of my most favorite chefs.

and while she is a shikoku I like to share her name, Himiko was named after a Japanese "shaman queen" Himiko from around 2AD. I wanted a tough spiritual magical name and I thought this didn't get any better.
  • edited November -1
    Jessica: Great name! Morimoto Rocks! I ate at his restaurant in Philadelphia it was the best food I have ever had hands down! Have you ever been there? I highly suggest it.
    I saw him on the street once in Philadelphia as well as I was on my skateboard going down center city were he lives and waved crazily at him from my board, He gave a me a quizzical look. He probably went around telling people about some nut job on a skateboard he saw that day.

Kenshin: it can mean several things depending on the Kanji, but basically Loyal, diligent, obedient and humble. (probably jinxing myself). It is also from the anime Rouroni kenshin.
  • edited August 2008
    Walrus - I did meet a Japanese man at the dog run once who thought it was hilarious. My Nana finds it offensive, though. She says she remembers burning Tojo in effigy when she was young :o Andrew, I noticed one of your cats is named Inuyasha. Doesn't that mean dog demon?
  • edited November -1
    Time for a Laika hijack! ;)

The Laika Trio was born in WI, USA but their dam and sire are from Estonia. They have Estonian or Russian names.

Tuli by itself means "fire" or "burning". Her entire name is Tulitekitaja which means "mischief-maker" or "troublesome" (Too Lee Tek i taiya)

A "Triepak" is a lively jig...like a folk dance. (Tree-Pock)

Guska is another abbreviation. His name is Tunguska. The Tunguska event was a meteor blast in northern Siberia in 1908. (Tongue-Goose-kah)
    (There is also the Tunguska River)
    learn more here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
    We refer to his bed as the 'Tunguska Crater"!

Their other brother is named Tolik. If I remember correctly, it is some sort of precious metal. (Toe-Leek)

My parents have a naughty terrier (a black Patterdale mix likely) and they call him Kage ('shadow" in Japanese) or simply Mr. Dog! He is a most ungracious host when Team Laika visits in Illinois!
  • edited November -1
    the laika names are awesome! and thanks for the pronunciation! I was definitely saying triepak wrong!
  • edited November -1
    Hondru: Yes Inuyasha, does mean dog demon, it is actually from the anime Inuyasha who is half human half dog demon, my cat is white like the character's hair. He also has odd eyes one yellow like the character when he is in his demon form and one blue eye (we call that his good side). He is also deaf due to genetics (a high percentage of white cats and dogs with blue eyes are deaf) and howls at the top of his lungs as he cant hear himself and has no control. He can go from being really sweet to being mischievous. Here is a pic of him!

Cats 011
  • edited November -1
    OMG Andrew, that is too much! That is to hilarious.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, his eyes are crazy (in a good way)! He's very cute. :-)
  • edited November -1
    He is a really pretty cat.
  • edited November -1
    Awww I want a cute kitty in a crate and barrel box!
This discussion has been closed.