Spammy Spam! (high bandwidth post)

edited August 2008 in General
Some pics from the weekend, hope you enjoy!

It s REALLY hot this weekend...
IMG_3445

The pups just lounged all day Saturday:
IMG_3448

IMG_3450

IMG_3451

Today a storm moved through and it cooled down, so the pups enjoyed some outside play time:
IMG_3476

IMG_3489

IMG_3496

IMG_3509

IMG_3534

IMG_3558

IMG_3565

IMG_3563

After play they took a break to chill...
IMG_3570

IMG_3582

IMG_3533

IMG_3548

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    They look like they had tons of fun! haha

They're just so adorable :D~
  • edited November -1
    Great spam Brad! I love Kona and Loa! they are just amazing looking dogs! Fuji is super cute too! Lani looks like she's filling out!
  • edited August 2008
    You know, I just noticed this but...

Kona really stands out in any picture he's in! I wonder if it's cause he's just so dark he makes for a nice background contrast? haha

Brad, is he actually that dark in real life, or are the pictures making him darker then he appears? [ I know cameras aren't always to kind to dark dogs ]~
  • edited November -1
    Romi - Your right, Lani is filling out very nicely! [see example below]

Osy - Kona is very dark, he's really hard to find in the dark. lol! That first pic shows a little of his brindle.

----

This is a good natural light picture of Kona, gives a better idea of his color - note the scabs on his elbows from rough play.
    IMG_3546

Lani and her filling out - she's really pretty :o)
    IMG_3567

----
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE Fuji's eyes! And Lani, well. You know I think she's absolutely beautiful.
  • edited November -1
    That portrait of Kona KILLS me. He has the sweetest little eyes. Loa is amazing!!! I want more closeups of the pups faces!!! They are so gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    Kona in front of the fan is pretty funny. Loa really likes to play doesn't she, she is almost always in the action shots.
  • edited November -1
    Hot time--- doggies in the desert! What fun they are having! Thanks for sharing---
  • edited November -1
    Love the 4th picture. Kona's expression is priceless. Looks like Ahi is ruling the pack once again.
  • edited November -1
    it's always great to see your pack! Thanks for sharing all the pics!
  • edited November -1
    fantastic spam! the loa-kaia pic is kinda funny, looks like a shiba getting chased by a robust coyote!
    how hot does it get out there?
  • edited November -1
    I love seeing pictures of your pack playing Brad. They have such a good life with you guys!

I agree, Lani is becoming quite the lady. :-)

Ahi wasn't out there was she?
  • edited November -1
    Kona is looking so mature these days!
  • edited November -1
    Thanx!

Brandon - Loa plays non-stop, she plays so much it gets to the point we have to put her in timeout so that the other pups get some time to rest.

Jen - It usually gets no hotter than about 85 then drops to 50 - 60 at night but this weekend it was 95! Last month was the hottest average month, so it should start dropping to the 70 - 80 range during the day.

Dave - Nope, no Ahi... she was in her crate having a RAW bone... Maui was too actually.

----
  • edited November -1
    Interesting about the weather. When you said it was hot, I thought you were getting weather like TX - 3 days in a row with 3 digit temps. Just something I assumed about desert weather.
  • edited November -1
    But for double coated pups, 85 is hot! Our week of 95+ weather was torture... enough to turn on the AC!
  • edited November -1
    It's been in the mid 90's for a week in Atl - will continue this week also. The air has been on since May 20 and will stay on until Mid-September.
  • edited November -1
    Thnks for clarifying Brad!

I second Jessica; more pup faces! :)~
  • edited November -1
    We are in the desert, but its the high desert. Taos sits on a plateau that connects to the Rockies. We are at 7500 feet, so we have a more mild mountain climate.

We don't have AC tho - so 95+ is really hot w/o AC!

Also, you know when you go skiing and its like 40 out but it feels more like 70? Same effect here, the sun at 75 degrees is just as warm as 85 or so in ATL - but here you can go in the shade and its 20 degrees cooler.

----
  • edited November -1
    Jen - you are right, 85 is hot for our pups... they hate it. Especially Hilo, I mean 40 is hot to him. lol

----
  • edited November -1
    Great spam! Your pack is so great together it makes everyone want one. I know I do!
    Kuma doesn't like the heat either, he gets this really sad look on his face. Poor guy. We've been having temperatures around 90ºF, but we're lucky because where we live is kind of windy and it creates a very nice cool draft in the house that helps us out.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    That fan pic is just hilarious. It looks like Kona's using his back leg to tilt the fan towards him LOL
  • edited November -1
    Excellent photos! Looks like you and your new camera are getting along well! :)

I am super jealous of where you live. I am going to have to try and talk my husband into moving out west!
    Thanks for the spam!
  • edited November -1
    Loa and Miko clearly share a lot of similarities.