Guarding the yard

edited August 2008 in General
I saw a small Coyote pass by the house so I grabbed the camera to run outside and get the dogs reaction - the Coyote didn't pass the yard [smart Coyote] but the pups still smelled him and went into alert mode.

Note Lani's puffiness when she gets pissed. lol.

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    They have this strategy all put together. If that or any other coyote thinks of getting in your yard while they have access to the outside, the coyote is in for a good running.
  • edited November -1
    Kona would mess that coyote's business up!
  • edited November -1
    My money's on Lani.
  • edited November -1
    My money is on the fastest of them. The first one to get there will give a coyote something to think about.
  • edited November -1
    Lani does puff up huge. Those dogs are ready to protect their yard for sure.
  • edited November -1
    They were clearly on alert. That was very interesting to see. I expected it to be a bit more hectic, but I guess they weren't guarding, just keeping a watchful eye. The muffled barks were interesting too. And Lani does puff up big! :-)
  • edited November -1
    I love how in the beginning Kaia's in the mix too... lol... My moneys on Kaia. lol! :o)

I will try to get a video of them in full-on protection mode, its not pretty tho... lots of barking and charging the fence. Kona and Lani are by far the most hectic.

----