Ishi update

edited October 2008 in General
Hi everyone. Sorry, it's been so long, I've been having computer/internet issues lately. Ishi is doing great. He's gotten over a bit of his male aggression, and he actually plays with other male dogs in the backyard. He's not as good when he's on the leash, but that gives us something to work on. He's super affectionate, and I think he's taken to his new home pretty darn well. He's a giant suck, and when I'm walking him, he tries to meet as many people as he possibly can and then leans right against them so they'll pet him. I'll post some spam in the next couple of days. I've got to keep this short because my internet is still down, and I'm running out of time here.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hey Chris! Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how you two have been doing. Sounds like everything is going great! That's so awesome to hear. Please post some spam! And great news on him being friendly with another male - keep up the good work!
  • edited November -1
    That's great that he's doing better with other dogs!
    He sounds like he's great with people, that's always nice to watch :-)
    Keep up the good work and I hope your internet issues are solved fast.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Chris - yes, thank you for the update. I too have been wondering how you guys are. Ishi is kinda famous around here, so we are gonna expect updates [j/k]. :o)

The leash "aggression" [I would call it "reactiveness"] thing is pretty common for Shikoku, especially the bloodlines you have. I think it is a frustration thing [they get frustrated with being restrained], and would probably be worse in males.

Thanx again for the update [and giving Ishi a great home]!

----
  • edited November -1
    Glad everything is going well, and that Ishi has settled in nicely. I am very excited about some upcoming spam... Ishi is definitely a handsome dude! :)
  • edited November -1
    great news! Ditto the leash reactiveness assessment that Brad gave.
    Can't wait to hear more about Ishi!
  • edited November -1
    oooh, I was wondering a lot about Ishi lately. :)

Glad to hear everything is going good! When you have stable internet, spam us with millions of photos! 8)
  • edited November -1
    Ditto to being happy things are going well.

And ditto to having been wondering how things were going.

And ditto to thanking you for the update.

And ditto to looking forward to the spam.

:-)
  • edited November -1
    Can't wait for the pix!!
  • edited November -1
    GLad to hear you guys are well! Hopefully in due time I know you & the handsome devil Ishi can pull through :) ~