irritation around the eye?!!!

its been a while with this , and i thought it was just some some dirt in the eye. she scratches her eyes and rub her face with the carpet. i found this on internet and looks similar to what she have.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Ask-Veterinarian-700/2008/7/Shih-Tzu-eyelide-problem.htm

any idea? 8(

Comments

• edited November -1
    No idea...it looks bad though - from the photo in the link. I would take her to the vet to get checked out. They will probably be able to determine the problem and hopefully be able to give you some medication for it. Poor girl :( ...Good Luck.
  • edited November -1
    I agree with Romi. I'd take her to the vet first chance you get, especially if it's been like this for a while.

Better safe than sorry! Hope she's ok! ~
  • edited November -1
    Ditto. Take her to the vet. It is probably an allergy to something, but only your vet can tell you for sure.
  • edited November -1
    Oh gosh....poor baby....get your dog to the vet asap. You don't want him/her to scratch the cornea or do more harm that could be permanent.

If it is allergies you really need to get to the bottom of it quickly before the flairs get much much worse.
    Snf
  • edited January 2009
    i took kiba to the vet. he made some scraps and its wasnt mites neither fungus or dermatitis. the problem was that she was having like too much eye discharge, and got a little infected in the area. im applying a neo poly bac ointment directly into the eye and the improvement its just amazing. next wednesday the vet will check her again. Kiba update coming soon ^u^