The Funniest Things Your Neighbors Have Overheard You Say to Your Dog(s)

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    I heard a terrible attempt at pronouncing the word shiba inu, hooshie nisu really! come on there is no effort in that
  • edited January 2009
    A neighbor said that Tosca cannot be a "true AKITA" (Haven't been able to convince the old bat that my 24lb shiba inu isn't an akita, or a "pigmy akita". Crazy lady alert!) She believes that Tosca is an "Akigel". Sounds like a new type of baked good or maybe a prescription drug to me, but she's actually trying to create a designer breed name for an akita/beagel mix. The best bit: upon hearing this Tosca promptly squatted and left some shiba-created statuary in her yard while she was still crowing about how akitas and “pigmy akitas” are terrible and she no longer feels as safe in the neighborhood as she did before "that monster" moved in. Meanwhile, her hand knit sweater-clad mini schnauzer’s lunging and bearing teeth and she’s smiling down at him and telling him “It’s ok. That big, mean dog can’t get you.” WFT, I ask you.

She's a nut. Most of the neighbors love Tosca.

*edit - picture provided to show coloration.
  • edited November -1
    I've said it before Nan, Tosca is vicious...can't you see that? The bow is just a cover up.
  • edited November -1
    i love little miss "T" :)
  • edited November -1
    I see the viciousness! Methinks Tosca should leave the Psycho B*tch more "presents." hehe. :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Akigel?? Seriously?? I'll second the request to leave the nutty lady some more "presents" :P
  • edited November -1
    Osy, Melissa, Tosca seems to agree with you. That particular yard is a favorite of hers. :D
  • edited November -1
    Huzzah! Tosca has been secretly sneaking onto the forum & reading the commets lol :) ~
  • edited January 2009
    Oh! You should soooo totally leave it there, then put a little flag in it that says;

"Eat Sh*t!
      Love, Tosca.
        The Akita."

lol ~
  • edited November -1
    LOL. I'm envisioning this individual's front lawn with little flags dotting the first foot of yard closest to the street.
    Also, Tosca is cradled in my arms sometimes when I'm on the computer and that's how she gets to read the posts. I'm trying to get her to stop barking like a moron whenever I'm on the computer and, so far, involving her in my online expeditions to the forum, amazon, and a fabric store called The Quilted Fox seems to work. You'll hear about my project in a post soon because, of course, it's Tosca-related.
  • edited November -1
    Nancy you have to meet up with someone that has an Akita and walk by her house with one.
    Then tell the lady that she was right, and that Tosca just got like that when you fed her after midnight. Then tell her Tosca's breeder told you that if you give her milk from 9 to 11 am, she will go back to normal. I'd like to see the neighbours' reaction to her telling them that. ;-P
  • edited November -1
    LMAO Rui - you just made my night!!!!!!!!

Sometimes we say to Keiko " Sorry we can't feed you after midnight.... we don't need demon Keikos."
  • edited November -1
    Gremlin-shibas....now that's scary!
  • edited November -1
    that is scary... gremlin shibas

**shudders**
  • edited November -1
    You guys! Im laughing hysterically at my desk right now and people are staring at me! LOL.
  • edited November -1
    ya I found a compitent person yesterday, I was talking to another person about roxy, they had asked if she was an akita puppy *much better than "Oh it looks like a fox" and apparently that person was with a friend of thiers and about that time their friend walks up and goes no you idiot thats a Shiba not an akita. I just smile and said ya he's right you know. and then went on my way. lol I thought it was funny cause apparently they knew what akitas and shibas were jsut one of them didn't know what they looked like.
  • edited November -1
    Why do people make these crazy assumptions? For instance, when people say "my dog is a Corgi/Irish wolfhound mix" or "weiner dog/german shep mix" or "Beagle and Akita mix", how in their tiny brains are they imagining such a union to have occured??? Misionary style?
  • edited November -1
    idk ppl can be quite dumb here is a list of the funiest ones I've had said to me

1. foxcat
    2. wolf fox
    3. Pygmy husky
    4. Akita/fox mix! (really I heard this by a petsmart employee)
    5. beagle/husky mix
    6. husky/akita mix puppy
    7. cat ( some argued with me that she was CAT not a wild cat not just a large cat)
    8. fox (hear so many times it's not funny)
  • edited November -1
    Wow.