Interest in an AKITA iNU CLUB IN usa?

edited March 2009 in General
I am willing to put my time into a club dedicated to the Japanese Akita Inu and it's future as it' s OWN BREED in the USA. This has proven to be near impossible in the past but I am (trying to be) optimistic none the less.

Who here would be interested in promoting pure Akita Inu in the USA?

Comments

• edited November -1
    I'm not in the USA, but I'm interest. because even if we are in other country, we have to work with other Akita Inu breeder in all the world, for a good evolution for the breed
    :-))
  • edited November -1
    This is wonderful to hear. It is not an easy undertaking. Past efforts devolved into cliques, that is what we must keep from happening.
  • edited November -1
    That is wonderful to hear. I would recommend you head over to... http://the-jaca.org/. The are up and going and looking for new members. Ben and myself are both members.
  • edited November -1
    I'm afraid JACA and myself are not compatible. I am really interested in a different take than what they have done. they are fine fine organization I just believe in more than one way to accomplish this goal.
  • edited March 2009
    Past history -fair enough.
  • edited November -1
    BTW: I love the handle JackBurton. I am a huge BTLC fan, more than I can type here.

Anyway, it is a little more than that. The members of JACA I have no doubt love the breed and bless them for that. I have a real disagreement with JACA policies in regards to AKC and showing the dogs. It has been done their way for years and I (nor anyone else) have seen any results. I prefer the Gary Bryne method in England that got things done.

That being said good luck to them.