Kai Ken Haru Thread (updated 11/17)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Congrats! She's gorgeous. Her head is stunning. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Awe, what a cutie!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!! Wow she is a beautiful Kai! and brindle too, my personal favorite :D Need more SPAM!
  • edited November -1
    Oh, how beautiful! I am jealous, yet ultra excited for my kai spam on here!
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow. She is stunning. I looove her colour. :) They're my favourite colour.
  • edited November -1
    I want her. Her coloring is stunning!
  • edited November -1
    very amazing!!
  • edited November -1
    SHIGERU!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

She's absolutely gorgeous!!! You know how envous I am right now!! lol ~
  • edited November -1
    More from this morn before I head to work.

Her favorite toy is unfortunately Muta's favorite toy. He's not very happy about this.

DSC_0031

Here's Pookie trying to sneak by Haru while she's not looking.

DSC_0008
  • edited November -1
    CONGRATS SHIGERU!!! She is amazing!!! I wasn't very fond of the Aka-Tora, but her coloring is beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she is beautiful.
  • edited November -1
    love her coat, she's so pretty.
  • edited May 2009
    Thanks for the comments all!

My wife's starting to go nuts about Haru. She'll be taking care of her most of the time since her work contract was not renewed this year. She's been home with her all day, and apparently Haru's been an angel (other than the fact that she went running through my herb/vegetable garden on the balcony, but I blame my wife for letting her out there). My wife says she's the best behaved pup we've ever had and now thinks she's a beautiful hyena.

I was talking with Inoue-san (Haru's breeder) yesterday when I picked her up, and apparently all the other Kai breeders that have come by recently loved Haru. She has amazing coloration, what they call 'beeru-bin' (beer bottle) red. She's already so red, and the brindle should become even more pronounced with age. A couple of Inoue-san's friends dropped by and they made me promise I'd show her at the Tenrankai this fall. Apparently I shouldn't teach her to 'sit' as you get points subtracted for that in the ring. Feeding carrots and sweet potatoes is supposed to be good for coloration, so beta carotene here we come.

Her issues at the moment are with being left alone, and being picked up. The being picked up I'm working on, and she seems to be getting better.

• edited November -1
    oh so cute...Hasn't been home for very long and she's already working on her escape.
  • edited November -1
    Whoa, she is great!!! Oh, my now I am also start dreaming about Kai :)
  • edited November -1
    She's gorgeous! I love aka-tora Kai Ken.

Okay, the next time I'm in Japan...I'll make the trip to go see you! This time I'll get to meet your wife and Haru-chan. I'm so HAPPY you finally got your puppy. She's precious.
  • edited November -1
    What a pretty brindle girl.
  • edited November -1
    She is really amazing.
  • edited November -1
    She's still pretty smelly at the moment from living in an outside kennel, but I'm waiting on the whole shower thing. Never been one to give dogs very many showers, and she seems to be getting cleaner by the day just being inside.

She's on kibble in the morn, and a maguro/veg/rice mix at night. That's the feeding schedule Inoue-san has his pups on apparently.

I'm sure everyone feels this way about their pups, but she's PERFECT. I guess I'm also rating her against all the other dogs I've ever had, the pups were always a lot of work. Guess I'd better knock on wood...

• edited November -1
    Is it possible that she gets more beautiful each time I see pictures/video of her? And she seems to have a fairly calm demeanor, especially with the cats. Congrats again!
  • edited November -1
    Haru is just the cutest, and I'd have to say your Persian is taking it pretty well.
  • edited November -1
    Howl (our persian) grew up with 2 JRT's. One Kai is not going to phase him at all.

Pookie and Muta on the other hand were stray kitties and are not so happy with dogs.
    Haru respects their space and won't walk near them when they're hissing at her. It was so funny to watch tonight when she got stuck in my office. Muta was on my desk, Haru was in the middle of the room, and Pookie was trying to come in through the door. Both cats were hissing at her and she was looking up at me like 'Where do I go?'.

I just took her into the shower with me, it's how I usually shower my pets. I didn't give her a full shower to start off with, just a few treats with the water running and splashing a bit on her and wiping her down. She enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • edited November -1
    Your cats are beautiful! Haru is precious and such a waggy tail!
  • edited November -1
    I love your vids, the transitions are great. Haru is such a sweet girl!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the spam. She's great! And I'm amazed at how well she's doing with the cats. :-)

BTW, you were watching Full Metal Jacket weren't you? That movie is fantastic!
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful girl!
    That's exciting they want you to show her.

Good luck
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    What a precious girl, I love her tail.
  • edited November -1
    Good call, Dave!

Last week my wife's older brother who is in the Japan Self-Defense Force mailed me a pic of him and his rifle acting out the FMJ bathroom scene. It was funny, but he got a few of the lines from the movie wrong. A quick re-education was in order.

He has a week of leave, so is crashing with us. He hadn't been in the door 5 minutes b4 we were sitting in the living room watching FMJ. Haru seemed very puzzled by all the yelling.

I've just introduced her to the vacuum cleaner, took a couple minutes, but she now thinks it's a giant treat dispenser.
  • edited November -1
    She is such a sweetie...and quite beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Video and pictures from the beach yesterday.

DSC_0180

DSC_0163

DSC_0174