friends of animals anyone?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting their dog spayed/neutered by the friends of animals? My friend had mentioned them to me, apparently you can buy a coupon from their website and then bring it to a friends of animals sponsored veterinarian for a much cheaper spay/neuter.

I will probably use my current vet anyways as I trust them, but just wondering if anyone had any experience or comments about this? Thanks.

Comments

• edited November -1
    That is so funny you should mention that. I was talking to one of the volunteers of the NYC shiba rescue, and they actually use that coupon and another coupon to get their shibas fixed. She said it really helps with making speuters cheaper.
  • edited November -1
    My parents got our family GSD spayed by friends of animals and it went perfectly fine. Although, this was about 20 years ago.
  • edited November -1
    I used Friends of Animals recently with Jada. The vet I went to was nice and I thought they did the spaying well. It was really our fault when Jada decides to rip apart her stitches :) They restitch her and only charge us for the anesthesia I think.

We did it on a recommendation from a friend who went to the same vet too. So it varies by vet but if you are going to the same one and you like him/her, then I recommend it.