No more shiba pics - any other NihonKen photos welcomed *Deadline - Oct 7*

edited September 2009 in General
This is probably a little early for some and a little late for others, but....

The holidays are right around the corner. Last year, we did a secret santa (which I had the best Secret Santa ever!!) - do we want to do another one?

We also did our first calendar this year. I propose getting it done a bit earlier so that we can have it in January. I'll start a thread soon for submissions. I was thinking that we should do no more than 3 pics per member. Narrowing down the pics is hard enough to do.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hey, I'm in for both...Was really bummed that I just missed the secret santa last year.

Also, I think it would be good to get the calendar out by the end of November so that way we can receive/buy it as a holiday gift (my family loves giving calendars as a christmas gift)
  • edited November -1
    So, on the calendar - a deadline of September 30 for submission of photos, a poll vote through October 15, and give whomever makes the calendar until November 15 to put it together?
  • edited November -1
    Good times-the calender was amazing last year.

Secret Santa was fun, it would be fun to do again.
  • edited September 2009
    It sounds good, but I think we should leave it up to whomever is making the calendar to set the deadlines
  • edited November -1
    I'm in on Santa
  • edited November -1
    Secret Santa for sure!
  • edited November -1
    Ho Ho ho from me too.
  • edited November -1
    Jen (Tsukitsune) did a great job with the Secret Santa last year, maybe she will want to do it again?!?!?
  • edited November -1
    I thought the secret santa was a blast!
    I'll organize it again, no worries.

Should we start a separate thread?
  • edited November -1
    I'm in on Secret Santa!

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I'm in on both Calendar and Santa! I just glanced over the old post from last year, looks like fun!!
  • edited November -1
    The secret Santa sounds good and I'm in on a calendar I haven't been buying them every year, but it'll be nice to have one especially one with my favorite breeds on it. =)
  • edited November -1
    The Secret Santa sounds like fun.

Who did the calendar last year, and what do you need done for it?
  • edited November -1
    If there is anything I can do to help, don't be afraid to ask.
  • count us in for secret santa and the calander. can we call it secret shiba though?
  • edited November -1
    nope not everybody has a shiba ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Romi did the layout for us on Cafepress for the calendar.

We can't call it Secret Shiba because we have lots of other breeds (Akitas, Shikokus, Kai, Hokkas, and all of our honorary Nihon Ken) to consider.
  • edited November -1
    I can help you with a layout if you would like. Just let me know. We can put my marketing and design skills to a much more fun use than work. :-}
  • are we doing this. I have to start going through pictures. I'm going to need to do my own pole to narrow it down to three.
  • edited November -1
    I'm totally in for Secret Santa again... even if I 'secretly' call it "Secret Santa Paws" to the fur kids ;o)

I'm a horrible photographer... but I'll start carrying the cam with me in hopes of finding something press worthy!
  • edited November -1
    Should we post pics here?
  • edited November -1
    Ok, here are my 3(+2)...

Loa, Shikoku Ken

Ahi: Shikoku Ken

Kona: Kai Ken

----

Here is my +1, I'm adding this one in case we need more Akita in the cal:
    Fuji: Akita Inu

And a +2 if we want a group shot:
    IMG_5466

----

If we need fillers of other breeds I have more Nihonken pics I can add. Also, this year, lets try to more Nihonken breeds since this year we do have more Nihonken breeds on the forum. Would be nice to have a Hokka and Kishu.

----
  • edited November -1
    This year I vote for 1 pic per month page.

----
  • edited November -1
    Here are my three

• edited November -1
    I agree with Brad. I vote for one really knockout pic per month that highlights the dog well, even if that means more shibas won't make it. Perhaps one of the nice group pics of a meetup with all the shibas? .
    Hopefully the kishu and hokka owners post some pics.
  • edited September 2009
    Here goes
  • edited November -1
    Here are mine :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • edited November -1

I know this is #4, and this isn't my picture, in fact it's Casey (sunyata)'s but I love love love the comparison from Shikoku to Shiba:
  • edited September 2009
    I can't choose just 3!

edit-I changed mine
  • edited September 2009
    Here's my three......