I just bought a white bitch!

edited January 2010 in Akita (秋田犬)
I just need a sesame now to complete the collection! :p

My friend who runs a dog rescue saw Miya for sale and told me about her. I've always wanted a pure white and she was dirt cheap so I couldn't help myself! My excuse is Kinu hates being left when we take Jiro and Ame to shows, so we really needed another dog! Miya is about 18 months old and really big! She's been an outside dog on a smallholding and hasn't seen much of the world but she's got the best temperament, she's such a mellow and chilled out lady. She's fine with Jiro and Ame, she and Kinu haven't been out of their crates at the same time yet just because Kinu can be aggressive to other bitches, but they don't seem at all bothered by each other. Miya is just so relaxed about everything, and it's having a calming influence on Ame which is great.

She's quite smelly and dirty and has ear and eye infections which were left but they are already looking much better, she's a bit underweight too although that coat hides it very well. She'll be so beautiful when she's clean and healthy though. She's just lovely, really soppy and affectionate. She's the kind of dog who just can't get enough cuddles!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Aww she's gorgeous. Congrats to the new addition.
  • edited November -1
    super beautiful....congrats!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Lovely girl, just what I am wishing for.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, she is such a pretty pup...Congratulations!!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she's stunning! Congrats.
  • edited November -1
    She is a pretty girl! Congrats.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats. Very pretty :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Oh my goodness. She's gorgeous! What a beautiful girl.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! She's cute! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Such a pretty girl! Glad that you guys found each other. :)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!

Whew, well I thought the introductions with Kinu were going to be tricky, I was wrong...
    Photobucket

I'm sure I was Miya and I were meant to find each other. She has fitted in perfectly, she gets on with all my dogs and Kinu was even grooming her last night!
  • edited November -1
    Fantastic!
  • edited November -1
    I love the last photo ^^
    Your new girl is sweety
  • edited November -1
    awwww.. the last picture is like 'Victory is mine! I've managed to squirm my way through this family! Now...to make them do my bidding..'
  • edited November -1
    She is amazing! That last picture melted my heart. Now we just need a video of the two. ;)
  • edited November -1
    lol I just let out an audible "awwwwwwwwww!!!" That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you all =0)
  • edited November -1
    That's excellent!

She looks very noble in that 2nd picture. Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    I am at my work computer which is blocking your photo - I have a white female too, a little over two years old. She was a rescue. I just got another female, tan/black. Was looking for another white one, but could not find one that was a rescue. The white ones are just gorgeous..I am always paranoid that someone will steal her from my yard :( I don't leave her out for more than 10 minutes unless I am out there, which works out because she barks at the door after about five..