Met a new neighbor with a Shiba !!

edited April 2010 in General
Someone knocks on my front door during dinner.
It's a neighbor I had not met before. She said that recently got a new dog and was already getting complaints about barking during the day. I told her it was not us and will never be us. She lives on the street behind us, so I gave her the run down on the neighbors on our street. I asked her what kind of dog she has and says it's a female, 5 month old Shiba. I told her we were getting a Kai Ken and she knew about the breed. I told her we would like to come down and meet her dog. She said to give her some warning first, because her dog gets so excited to meet new people, she pees in the house.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Haha that's great :D I'm really happy you found someone right in your own neighborhood who likes nihon ken! You lucky ducky! Maybe when you get your dog you guys can arrange play dates :D
  • edited November -1
    My Kai's love playing with Shibas. They get along great. I'm sure they will become pals.
  • edited November -1
    Lucky Ducky is absolutely right. For sure, I will set up play dates and offer to dog sit. I can't believe how lucky we are to have another NK dog so close. She came back later and brought her dog. I took a picture and will post it later today.
  • edited April 2010
    Here is Kira.
    Sorry for the blurry picture. It was getting dark and she kept moving around.
    Add another item to the puppy arrival list. Practice taking good pictures.
  • edited November -1
    Aww! such a cute shiba inu! Saya gets excited meeting people too and she pees, but she's getting better at it. lol

Congrats on meeting your neighbor that will be fun to have play dates.