Obsessive licking

I have a situation I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with.

Well about 3 weeks ago Levi tore his nail almost completely off. We had to take him to the vet & they had to put him under to remove it. Since then he has been obsessively licking it. It started to grow back but he developed a hang nail & that I was able to flick off so now we are beginning the process of growing it back all over again. The problem is that he is licking it constantly to the point of obsession. We tried making him wear a small sock over his foot but that was a joke he refused to walk & worked non-stop until he was able to remove it.

So does anyone have any expierience in this area as to what I can do , or apply to STOP THE LICKING!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Oh Chrystal had that thread about Reilly's nail and how she wrapped it. I have to find it.
  • edited May 2010
    here it is.
  • edited November -1
    Thanx Tara!
  • edited November -1
    CONE!

Bella has had some hot spots lately because of allergies... And she is obsessive about licking... So we had to cone her... It worked, and now she is de-coned and hopefully the hair will start to grow back soon...

Those of you who are coming to the NC meetup will get to see her bald spots. :-P