HIMIKO!!!!!!!!(new cute picture 4/11/09)

I just got an email from Katja.

Himiko was born last night!!!!

My shikoku is coming in about 12 weeks!!!

I am going to jump out of my skin. 

We're feeling like this!

Comments

• edited November -1
    That is awesome news!  Congrats.  This is way more exciting then when people tell me they are having a baby.
  • edited November -1

I know!! Baby shmaby I'm getting a puppy.

Except for Heidi's baby of course, I am very excited for Heidi and my friend Kate. But otherwise PUPPIES!!!!! 

• edited November -1

LOL!!!

Congratulations! 

• edited November -1

hahaha....Im so happy for you!  Sealed

When are you getting pics? 

• edited November -1
    Not soon enough dammit!
  • edited November -1

Hahahaha. Welome to my world Jessica. Joey was born 3.5 weeks ago and all I have is one pic.

But congrats on the latest addition to your pack! I know excitement doesn't even begin to describe what you're feeling. I suggest screaming out loud, maybe even out the window. Wink

• edited November -1

I've had her tags for months. I already bought her leash. Harness is being bought today.

nest nest nest nest nest

Thank god for this forum.

Non dog people do not get why i am so excited. 

• edited November -1

Congratulations! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my shikoku - he is the neatest dog!Kiss

I am on the waiting list for 1 from Katja (mine came from Peggy) for a female from her new Japanese Imported male and from 1 of her 2 imported females. Now I just have to wait for  1 year!

• edited November -1

*Has only one dog*

*doesn't see a way of getting a second dog anytime soon*

*kicks dirt*

• edited November -1

I know how you feel Jess. Although not all dog people know how we feel, just the cool ones. Cool

Did you buy a crate yet? How about a bed? I bought a toy for Joey that Lucy and I have been sleeping with every night that I'll send to him in a few weeks.

Let me know if you come up with any other good nesting purchases! 

• edited November -1

Have a crate.

That toy idea is brilliant.

I know Brad mentioned in an earlier thread that he shipped out some food to the breeder so that the puppy would be adjusted to the new food when they arrive.

I will keep brainstorming.

Brandon-Frown I want you to have another pup. shucks...

• edited November -1

Yay! That is too exciting! You're totally right about this forum, if I didn't have it, I'd bore my non-dog friends to death. 12 weeks is a very very long time because that's how long until I have my baby.  You and I will be new mommies at the same time, lol.

By the way, I can confirm that getting a puppy is more fun than giving birth. Wink 

• edited November -1
    I believe that.
  • edited November -1

HAHAHA I love you guys!

When we visited Niko's breeder we took a towel that had our scent and would have mama's scent when we took her but of course the crappy breeder didnt care about our wishes.  Im so excited to get my Akita from Michael, im going to be so blessed.  Patience is NOT one of my virtues.  I promised Chad I would not buy anything until our puppy is born.  UGH!  Im already saving sites for what I want.  If we get a white akita I am getting a blue camo bandanna and Sasha a pink one.

Jess, I dont think you are excited enough!  Did you guys take that pic for the puppy or you already had it? 

• edited November -1
    I already had that picture. A while back, Jason and I had found the singlemost hideous picture frame ever. It was a ceramic book with an ocean wave pouring out and dolphins wearing sunglasses jumping through the wave. The picture that came with it was a baby making that expression. It was our friends birthday, we bought the frame, mimicked the expression, and *POOF!* silliest birthday gift ever.
  • edited November -1

CONGRATULATIONS!

You guys have been patiently waiting for so long - man, I bet you are stoked... its so exciting.

I shipped food to Katja, she was open to it - just ask her.

Post pics as soon as you get them - please.

Are you wanting a black sesame or red sesame? I can post pics of baby Ahi and baby Loa is that will make you even more excited. Smile

• edited November -1
    They apparently are all red sesame. Some light, some dark. At this point she could be green. I just want to hold a healthy happy puppy!!!
  • edited November -1

Edgewood - So you are getting a pup from Katja's new import? I assume you have seen pictures of him... he is by far the best looking Shikoku puppy I have ever seen. His colors are amazing! Congrats, I'm a little envious. Smile

Jessica - I know exactly what you mean, we where not that picky with Ahi either - we were just stoked to be getting a Shikoku. Smile No matter what the color, coming from Katja (or Peggy for that matter) you know they are gonna look amazing!

• edited November -1

Humm, Jessica, I think your hair is red...

Congrats on the dogs!!!!

• edited February 2008

CONGRATS JESSICA AND JAY!!! You guys must be super stoked!  I would imagine your faces would look like the picture above after reading that email!  Im so happy for you guys!  Shoot, its not even my puppy and I CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS!  I can't imagine how you guys are feeling.  What a wonderful way to start off V-Day!

This seems to be a very good month for you guys, get a new house, get news on your new pup!  Good for you guys!

• edited November -1
    Brad - well that is what she and I spoke about. He hadn't been imported yet, so I hadn't seen photos.
  • edited November -1

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Oh man...i remember when we got Kiba...we were sooo excited and felt so lucky!! You must be walking on cloud 9 right now!! The long wait will be sooooooooo worth it!!!

upload pics as soon as you can!

:D

• edited November -1

She was born yesterday. So I am going to guess that I am going to have to wait for pictures.

I did just come from animal control and I have some REALLY cute pictures of homeless babies who are looking for a forever couch though... 

• edited November -1
    Congratulations Jessica!!!! Sheesh I'm excited for you lol kinda sad.
  • edited November -1
    Speaking of nesting and those pictures you post, Jessica, I've been finding clothes patterns for dogs since the only dog I would ever own that would need clothes would be a pitbull.  I even have a bunch of microfleece, which is good for that.  
  • edited November -1

God I need to learn to sew!!! Pitbull clothes are so hard to find because their chests are SO much bigger than their waists. But their heads aren't that big.

I put a turtle neck on Piglet and halfway through the walk it has become a scoopneck on her. 

• edited November -1

LOL, I acutally got into the doggie clothing business.  John's boss had a falling out and got left with boxes of clothes.  I currently took over the business and Im selling the clothes on ebay.  I would offer you guys anything you wanted for free, you just have to pay for the shipping...but it seems to be all small dog clothing.  Actually Maybe for you guys with tiny shiba's can fit it.  I will have to post some pictures of the clothes and sizes.    I haven't eve had a chance to really go through all of the clothes yet and I've had it for 3 weeks!  There's like 7 big boxes filled with clothes!  Some very cute designs though.

Jessica, you can probably be able to fit a Medium or Large for Himiko when you first get her...but im sure she'll grow out of it in a month. lol

• edited November -1

You are going to love having a Shikoku.  They are so amazingLaughing.   Congratulations!

• edited November -1
    I'd make some custom-fit stuff for Piglet if I had more experience sewing dog clothes, but I've never actually done it before, so I'd be too afraid of making a mistake.  I might practise on Tojo, though, even though he doesn't need clothes!  
  • edited November -1
    I can send you her measurements if you want to experiment. I'd pay you for custom Piglet apparel.