London, the Alaskan Malamute

13»

Comments

• OMG! That is awful! Surprised he didn't get really sick! And yeah, I'd feel the same way....if it didn't kill him, I'd want to!

Love the pic above that--he is so pretty and his coat looks so good!

My best friend's GSD also has a super long tail...when he's standing up, a couple of inches are dragging on the ground. GSDs do have long tails, but his is super long.
  • Since he's okay, LOL. Typical mal. :-)
  • London was insanely gassy that night and into the next morning, but he's completely fine now (and was hollering at me for spreading his full meals further apart than usual - he thought that was uncalled for).

I ordered the same thing the next day because I was too sad looking at the old boxes, thinking about all the pizza I missed out on. London practically reached into my wallet and just ate thirty bucks. :1 He's lucky I love him.

He was still super jazzed to see pizza again, like "HEY! How did you know I loved this stuff!? 8D You're so sweet, mom!"

• We had another city adventure day on Friday. I have some disgustingly instagrammed pictures of the event (I recently realized I could get it on my phone and I've been exploring all the stupid little options). I guess it's not TOO surprising that, despite Providence being fairly dog friendly, some of the only establishments that seemed super jazzed to accommodate us were the bars. We BOTH experienced some awesome customer service at one of my favorite places - better than the usual! I might have to bring him along -every- time!

• Nice pictures!
  • Wow what a handsome guy! I've never really looked into Mals since everything I run in to is a Husky. That story about the pizza... LOL what a fatty. That's an incredible amount to eat, looks like he's not a fan of Ranch/Bleu Cheese at least. He's got an awesome coat and looks great after that spa day
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks guys! London's looking pretty ratty to me lately, but no one has stopped commenting on how good he looks - here or when we're out!

@cezieg - I love my Mal (of course!) and they're quite different, in personality, than huskies. I feel Huskies are very social 'dog dogs' and generally very friendly dogs whereas Malamutes in general seem to bond very closely with their families and though they can be outgoing and friendly with all people, they don't welcome strangers into their home eagerly - something I found out the hard way when a friend came to stay for a week. London was so stressed out, it was like I turned his whole world upside down! This is even someone he knows - but I don't usually have people stay over.

London and my SO, enjoying a break from one of our crazy-long walks.

• he is so cute!
  • Love London pictures. :)

I've only met one malamute he was cool dog though he did cause a minor argument with one dog, but Saya didn't seem too scared of him she told him to back off when he was being too much and he backed off.

I wanted to shout out everyone look at my dog and this malamute does she look like him at all! The malamute was black and white.

Saya is always mistaken for a puppy husky or malamute. Crazy.

I love going to bars that are good with dogs. So fun to go on nice walk then site and relax on their outside eating area and enjoy a drink and food and the dogs get fresh water with ice and some dog treats.
  • I have a few pictures from this morning and last night. :)
    London is going to be 7 in February and he's going to be welcoming a new brother, Takoda (Shikoku), as well!

• Handsome as ever! Happy early birthday London! And Congrats on the upcoming addition! Can't wait to see pictures of London's new bro.
  • Happy early birthday London.
  • :) love that middle picture! Happy Birthday London! It's almost here! and now there will be two shikoku in Providence! congrats!
  • Happy birthday London! :)
  • Congrats on your future Shikoku and happy bday to London :)
  • He's such a cutie! Congratulations on the new addition!!
    London decided that the day after a blizzard was the perfect day to blow his coat.
  • edited February 2013
    HAHAHA! Funny Malamute. Guess he thought there wasn't enough white stuff floating around.
  • London is so cute!
  • edited February 2013
    I just remembered that I didn't brag here. London is on a classy bottle of Cabernet.
    http://www.benefitwines.com/bigfluffy_s/483.htm?Click=5637

• And some more of mom's terribly instagram'd photos: