Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum so I just thought I would say hi to everyone.  I'm on the waitlist for a shikoku from Katja (hopefully sometime in the fall, I can't wait).  I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about the breed and hearing from other owners about their dogs.  

Chris

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum!  Wow, you must be totally stoked to get a Shikoku!  Congrats!  I think you'll learn the most about the Shikoku on this forum, since we have a lot of active members who own Shikoku's and there isn't much information about the breed out there.  Are you getting a female or a male?  Do you know who the parents are?  Where are you from?  LOL, I sound like a cop.  Can't wait to see pics of your new puppy!
  • edited November -1
    Welcome! Congrats on the Shikoku. You must be so excited.
  • edited November -1
    Welcome. Congratulations. My shikoku was just born 10 days ago. I haven't met her yet but she's beautiful. You will get tons from this group, including a dog addiction!
  • edited November -1

I can't wait to get my puppy.  I told Katja that I'm okay with a male or female, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.  It doesn't matter what I get, I'm sure it will be great.  The parents of the puppy will be Mike and I'm not too sure of the mother.  Katja is hoping to have two litters in the fall, so just like the sex, I'll have to wait and see.  I'm from Powell River, British Columbia (about an hour from Katja).  I did a lot of research on the breed I wanted to get, and it just so happened, that one of the few breeders in North America lived about an hour away (I guess that's a sign:) 

Thanks everyone,

Chris 

• edited November -1

Hi Chris! Welcome to the forum!

I have a female from Mike + Aiko, her name is Loa, she is SUPER sweet. Most of the pups from Mike are very sweet - I think you will be pleased! Really you will be pleased with a Shikoku from any parent mix, they are just such an amazing breed!

Congrats!

• edited November -1
    My puppy is from Mike and Yana. I will of course keep you updated on how wonderful she is!
  • edited November -1

Welcome to the pack!

I'm getting an Akita puppy in 3 weeks, and i will drive 1800km total to get him. I don't know if that is a sign or not, hehehe. 

• edited November -1

Welcome!

I have a puppy from Peggy and he is awesome! I love the Shikoku so far, just a really neat breed. I am on the wait list for a female puppy from Katja that will be from her Japanese import and I cannot wait (but it will be in 2009 before I get my girl). I am sure that you will love your Shikoku!!

On a side note, I attended (as a spectator) a 2 day Obedience Trial by UKC and Kuma got a lot of attention. Most thought he was a large Shiba at first, but these obedience trialists (mostly dog trainers) were incredibly impressed with his calm demeanor and perfect obedience at the show (the seating for the audience was really limited so you had to sit right next to a lot of other dogs and people). I was the only non-competing dog too. I think that I made quite a few trainers interested in the Shikoku after seeing Kuma (not only in the seating area, but outside where I did practice his obedience patterns). They couldn't believe how calm and well behaved he was for only 5 months of age.

• edited November -1

Im a bit late but welcome!!

Shikoku is on my list of dogs I will have someday. 

• edited November -1
    Welcome Chris, I have been off lately protesting the forum due to someones poll thats bashing me.  Please vote for Chad in Romi's Poll listed under Walking two dogs off leash.  Support the cause vote for The Chad...
  • edited November -1
    Welcone to the forum and Woo woo from Koshi & Harlow the Sun & Surf Shiba Inus!
  • edited November -1
    Also a bit late, but also offering my welcome wishes. Welcome!
  • edited November -1

Hi Chris,   We have a male from Mike and Mura.  He is gorgeous, super affectionate, and extremely smart  He continues to amaze us.  Tenji is 16 months old.

You are one of the lucky ones....You will love your puppy whether it's a girl or boy. Congrats.

• edited November -1
    Ignore The Chad.  If you are smart you will vote for the winner! Laughing