Kai breeders in Japan

2»

Comments

• if i decide to breed in the future, i want two dogs that are not very closely related, thats my reasoning for importing. i would absolutely love a dog from Brad as well though, his pups are just gorgeous! i would import another pup in the future if i decide to breed, but i would be very content with a Yamabushi pup =D
  • Importing doesn't equal not closely related though. The kai ken world is pretty small, you'll have to do your homework regardless of where you get your kai.
  • Yea, all of them are somehow related. I believe Ayu & Tora were from a half sibling breeding.

I will also be importing in the future & most likely going to be getting another pup from Brad & Jen.
  • Ayu and Tora aren't from a half sibling breeding but their maternal grandmother is their paternal great-grandmother.
  • Thankd Ann. I couldnt access the db from my phone to look. It's just so amazing to see how all the dogs are related :)
  • @Okiron well, yes, i understand that. with such an uncommon breed, theres going to be some closeness, but i do want to see if i can find a dog that is less closely related. getting two dogs from the same kennel (or even just in the US with such few breeders) is a bit too close for me, but i think if i get one from the US and another from a breeder in japan (i shall look around for a best option), i will have two pups that are a bit farther apart. i think that makes sense...

anyways, anyone who really knows me knows i do my homework very thoroughly ;) and when i get interested in something, i tend to go a long ways. such as now, im saving up for a rosetta stone for Japanese so i can maybe plan a trip to the country and meet some breeders. i will also be taking classes on dog breeding well before i start, and of course all dogs are health tested. i dont take these things lightly, i like to be thorough =)
  • Since you sound like you are serious about dog breeding, why not find an established local breeder of good merit that will be a mentor? Maybe see if there is a good shiba or akita (or of your rottie even) breeder near you who is willing to help guide you on your journey and be there for when you have any questions or problems. They may even be willing to give you first hand experience with the birthing and care of their own litters, as well as showing and handling.
  • They have classes for dog breeding?
  • yes there are quite a few places that offer classes on breeding, at least around here. the one im taking goes through from choosing breeding dogs, caring for the dog throughout the pregnancy and preparing for and whelping a litter. as well as dealing with emergencies and post partum concerns should they arise. i also have a friend who is a breeder, so i can get help from her if need be. other breeders around here are irresponsible, backyard breeders who dont have a clue what they are doing, nor do they health check any of their dogs. not someone i want to "train" with... but be assured that i dont simply jump into things, i research and study up and really prepare myself, including full health checks on the dogs before breeding them and of course regular checkups through the pregnancy and after the pregnancy. to add, i do it for the dogs, not for the money, which is more than can be said for a lot of breeders out there, sadly enough. at any rate, i wont be breeding for a few years, to make sure im ready for it.