Trooper is rescue is doing well!

edited April 2012 in General
Thank you to all for your words of welcome. My rescue, Trooper, AKA "Super Trooper" had a biopsy done for the possible sebacious adenitis and it came back inconvlusive. My derm vet says he still thinks it could be but we have gott it early and with the treatment of oils to his skin and consistent flea control, he is re-growing his hair and even gaining weight. (He was 81 lbs and skinnyyyyy.) He has put me through the hoops since I got him, tearing our screens (I have none downstairs now), breaking glass, chasing cats, attacking other dogs (in the dog park) and even cracking the windshield. Things have calmed down a bit, but I was so NOT prepared for this, and many of my friends are advising me to re-home him. WEll, never you fear Akita friends, THAT is not gonna happen! I love this darn dog, and after three months, I am firmly and irrecoverably (is that a word?) in love with Trooper. His has such a sense of humor and is a joy 99% of the time. I will love him through it! We can't all be perfect all the time, can we? I am learning about Akitas....fast.

Comments

• Glad he is doing well, keep us up to date. Do you have photos of your boy? :)
  • I do but am computer challenged and have not figured it out yet!
  • Glad you're patient with him and can afford him the love and attention he needs! :) Good to hear he's doing better too!

Pictures: www.imgur.com is as easy at it gets, click computer, select the picture files you want to upload, then load them up. Off to the right side after theyre loaded there are options to link into forums, copy and paste the line under HTML Image into your post. Done!