Kaiju Kennels Puppycam

edited October 2012 in General
Live streaming of Bijo's room always available (although it will be dark at night). When the puppies arrive we'll shift the camera to point at the whelping box.

http://www.kaijukennels.com/live/

Comments

• she's sleeping. :)
  • so i'm semi computer retarded... i just see a white box :/
  • There was a person in there when I looked! With long beautiful hair! :)

Is someone shedding? Looked like there was a lot of Akita fuzz around too! :)
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah, Bijo's been losing fur for about 5 days now. :) You caught me while I was cleaning, heh.
  • Very cute! She does look about ready to pop :)
  • I thought it was pic. she was sleeping.
  • I can't wait to go home and watch! Won't work on my phone or iPad :(

Just a few more days, I'm excited!!!!
  • edited October 2012
    Weird -- I tested it on my iPod touch and my friend's iPhone. What kind of phone? I know it doesn't work on iPad, planned to fix that this evening.
  • That's awesome! She was getting some attention :)
  • It was on my iPhone. Keep in mind I haven't updated it to the newest software update, (I have the iPhone 4).
  • SOOO cool !! Thnx Claire!
  • she is sleeping!! ha! :D
  • edited October 2012
    She got up!!!!!!
    @poeticdragon - the camera keeps trying to focus all the time. I'm not sure if that might be something to turn off or do less of.
  • What camera did you use for that? I'm thinking of setting up a Kurenai-cam...

Jesse
  • Ohh awesome, congrats on getting it set up! Forget the Shiba puppy cam, Bijocam is whats up. She's really is a great looking dog!
  • "Yeah, Bijo's been losing fur for about 5 days now. :) You caught me while I was cleaning, heh."

Yeah, I thought I recognized all that undercoat type fluff!

But on another note, you do have gorgeous hair! :)
  • I turned off auto-focus on ours.
  • @MapleTwinkie The auto-focus issue is annoying, I know. It seems to occur whenever there are intense white areas on screen. This happens when the sunlight in the morning is very harsh shining on the walls. Also, I removed the white mats and puddle pads from the frame and that helped.

@CrimsonO2 I am using a Logitech C920 which I absolutely love. Its one of the best on the market right now. In addition to being 1080 HD, it supports H.264 and has some great built in features. For local streaming the quality is very high, and if run on a Windows machine you can control the auto-focus.

@shibamistress Thanks *blush*

@brada1878 I would love to turn off auto-focus if I could. But somebody talked me into using Ubuntu for my server, and there is no software or support for the camera on Ubuntu. I was dissapointed; the previous version of this camera (which doesn't have H.264 so wouldn't work on iOS) was fully supported in Ubuntu so I expected the same. Maybe I'll switch to a Windows machine in the future but for now it mostly works.
  • Too cute!!!! She's a tired mama.
  • edited October 2012
    I have found a way to disable autofocus, but I must do it manually after every boot and then start up the streaming manually (previously it began at startup on its own). I don't plan to reboot often so that's acceptable for now.

EDIT: I got it working on the iPad, too.
  • @poeticdragon the feed is amazing. I can see Bijo's breathing!! I feel like a super creeper, lol.
    But seriously, thank you so much for doing all this and sharing Bijo with all of us. I know i'll be on 24/7 when the puppies arrive. :)
  • On a related note, do dogs need darkness ot get full recovery from sleep? Mine seem to sleep all day in the sunlight anyway. I don't know how that affects the doggy equivalent of dreaming/REM though. Just wondering if I can leave the light on in there for full time puppy awesomeness.

Well, with the heating lamp it wont matter I guess. It lights up the whelping box pretty good.
  • Duuuude you turned the lights off! :P

Btw, she was very excited for food. She was staring intently at the door for like, a whole minute.

Okay getting ready for work, and the puppy cam works on my iPad, hooray!
  • When it comes to lighting, you could probably put up some colored LED lights, probably red or blue are the best. Because my bf has a thing against total darkness, practically every room has some sort of "lighting" at night. In the livingroom there's a digital clock that gives off a blue light, Tikaani loves sleeping in there and the light doesn't seem to bug him. You could probably make an experiment of it, offering one side lit by red light and leaving the other side dark and seeing if the pups show a preference.

Btw, I'm guessing it has something to do with my comp, but I don't actually get any streaming. It just loads a single frame, like of Bijo sitting, and nothing else. The timer is counting off, but I don't get any movement and the only way to see any change is to reload the page.
  • She's cute!
  • It was working for me at first but since yesterday, I've just been getting a blank white screen. Not sure what the problem is.
  • Red is good, forgot why. But is great for night vision. I know if you have the right kind of light it doesn't hurt your eyes when you kick it on at night, unlike normal lights.