Mighty, Mighty Matsu - New pics

1235»

Comments

• Miyu misses her boy toy, definitely need to find some time to hike them together someday :)
  • Matsu is my favorite kai! Well, only second to Hanzo now, of course, but Hanzo tries to be like his half-brother (by way of Ayu) everyday. I even got a picture of him on a fallen tree just the other day. It was only a fraction of the height of Motts' badass tree climbing, but he's working on it!

I definitely hope to meet him in person one day, maybe even take one of his future pups off your hands when it gets lonelier around here.
  • Manly Matsu :)
  • I'm a little late to this Matsu update, but wow, he's looking great as always! Sounds like he's maturing into a really great Kai...can't believe this litter is not that far off from the 2 year mark. Orry also loves to chase and retrieve, although after a few minutes he looks at me like "alright, it's fun, but not that fun...let's move on."

Glad to see the new pics!
  • Haha! Thanks! I'd love to see new pictures and stories of brother Orry, when you have a chance. Orry is super handsome and stripey... :)
  • Matsu is such a gorgeous, manly man dog. If we ever get a male Kai I hope he looks even half as good!
  • @WrylyBrindle I'll definitely try to update Orry's thread soon. We're hiking a bunch now, and he's improved a ton with staying close to me and not chasing other dogs...he's maturing I guess. He's doing great!
  • Ahhh!!! He's so big and manly! I see the family resemblance to Shelby in the first pic... she always has something in her mouth!
  • What a BOSS I wish Akuma was as big as him!
  • Matsu-man in November:
    photo P1180021_zps64183416.jpg

Let's see- what has Matsu been up to since May?... he passed the ATTS Temperament Test, and behaved well at a dog show (he won his breed, but there were no other kai, so ;) ) but really the more important thing was that he met new dogs and got along well, and sat in a circle with some other intact male stranger dogs completely relaxed, and played with his sister Sumiko, who he hadn't seen since they were 8 weeks old. :) He doesn't love all dogs, but he can remain composed at a dog show, or on seeing/passing by dogs that he doesn't have to interact with.

He's a good hunter- scaring up grouse for me to miss (well, I'll get better!) but I find he hunts better with Juno than alone. Alone he takes care of me, but with Juno leading the hunt, he can support her on birds and keep track of me too.
    photo P1170885_zps77454b4a.jpg

photo P1170617_zpsc717adef.jpg

he loves games like fetch and frisbee
    photo P1170406_zps187ffd41.jpg

We've done a lot of hiking- he's a super trail dog!
    photo hikers_zpsed37b31b.jpg
  • Yeah Matsu!! Brother's been doing all kinds of great things! I love the first picture of him...his paws are so much bigger than kona's, but strong and sturdy the same :)
  • He's so adventurous! He looks almost identical to Shelby in the first picture, only beefier. :)
  • Love what he has matured into! Looking great....
    Snf
  • Matsu might be by favorite Kai on the forum hands down, love that head of his definitely handsome.