Ryu

edited April 2008 in General

Comments

• edited November -1
    Awe. So CUTE.
  • edited November -1

Holy crap. Now that is something I never thought I would see. A Shiba in the water! Holy crap.

They look like there were having a lot fun. Smile

• edited April 2008

you don't know Shiba who go in water?

I know a lot who do Laughing

Shinju not, she hates it but Ryu and Foxy loves it

but they will not swim

the pictures below where a mistake from Foxy's part, she dit not now it went deep and she wanted to take the ducks LOL

Foxy

foxy

• edited November -1
    Wow. She's actually swimming in those. Not just walking around. That's even more impressive!
  • edited November -1
    Dave, looks like we're gonna have to head out to sweetwater this summer, let the children check out the water.  Maybe we can get a meetup scheduled around water
  • edited November -1
    Agreed. I'd love to see some Shibas get in the water. My world might come to an end due to complete shock.
  • edited November -1

Our Shibas always hated water, till one day Maui learned how fun chasing the water from the water sprayer was:

That was one of my very first YouTube vids, so the quality kinda sux... sorry.
  • edited November -1

that is great to see!!

Foxy also loves this :D 

• edited November -1

Awww, poor Maui. You were teasing him. Wink

So I have a question....For those of you that have Shibas who like the water, how do they do with baths?

----

Brad: That must have been before the drought in GA huh? Frown

• edited November -1

Dave - When I posted that I thought "gosh, this video looks really bad now that GA is in the cray drought"... yes, it was pre-drought or very very early drought.

----

Maui still hates baths... I think baths are pretty violating to Japanese breeds because they are so noble and full of pride... it's like being man-handled to them.... disrespectful to them I guess.

• edited November -1

bath is something else ofcourse

this is not with there permission LOL

They let me give them a bath without problems but they still dont really like it, you can see it on there faces

poor things LOL 

• edited November -1
    Keigo HATES baths, but I don't have too much trouble getting him in the tub. Getting him into the bathroom is another story. Mika is fine. Doesn't love it, but is soooo well behaved in the tub. She LOVES getting brush and dried, tho.
  • edited November -1
    today our shibas went into the water for the very first time, through a creek at the state park, splashing around it was unreal. They give us such hell during baths!!
  • edited November -1

that is great news!!!

next time take your camera with you :D 

• edited November -1
    And bring the shampoo next time...you can get a bath in and save the hassle!  LOL
  • edited November -1

you know i considered bringing the shampoo with me next time!! but
    we just bought our first FURMINATOR (i love love love it) and it came
    with waterless shampoo which is like the best thing since, well, the
    furminator!

but when we go to the creek I will have to capture some footage to prove it.  

• edited November -1
    I need to find a good waterless shampoo for Sasha.  Do you suggest it???
  • edited November -1

i do! it smells lovely, it mists just the right amount and it didn't make any hot spots or itching onthe shibas! and Tsuki has a lot of allergy issues and it didn't affect her negatively. it made their coat nice and shiny and when i used it prior to furminating - it really helped get the dull dirty hairs out.

i do recommend it.