Lani!

edited April 2008 in Akita (秋田犬)

I'm starting this thread to be updated when Jen and I return w/ Lani, but also I just received an updated picture of her... This pic is from Sunday:

Comments

• edited November -1
    Oh man Brad. I'm so jealous. She is just gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    thats very nice!!!! :D
  • edited November -1
    Wow! Beautiful!!!  She looks pretty big too!
  • edited November -1
    She's very good looking!! Although brindle Akitas aren't my favourite, i like her socks a lot, and it's a pity that the complete white collar isn't desirable, cause I like it!
  • edited November -1

Brad, how old is she? She is very beautiful!  Sealed

• edited November -1

Thanx guys!

----

She is 6 months, and so she should be about 60lb... so she is not small! (Hilo is 75lb)

----

The white on her neck is not a problem, brindle Akita have to have white on them, its very important.

What is not desirable (per Japanese judge's standards) is a full white "necklace", it looks like she has one but I don't think it goes all the way around her neck. Even if it does go all the way around her neck it is not a disqualifying fault - tho if we showed her in Japan we would have points taken off... but the "necklace" meets (or I should say is acceptable in) all other standards (including FCI), Japanese judges just don't love it.

• edited November -1
    Brad someday when you start breeding I might have to steal a pup from you. This forum is slowly making me love akitas. Never really liked how they looked till I joined here.
  • edited November -1
    What a beautiful Akita! 
  • edited November -1
    she is absolutely gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    She IS incredibly beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    I agree, I LOVE the collar!  Hilo is really small.
  • edited November -1
    How many dogs do you have?
  • edited November -1
    Isn't she coming today?
  • edited November -1

She arrives on Saturday. Yes, Hilo is small (but still growing), Lani is our seventh dog.

• edited November -1
    When does Ahi go to the doctor? Aren't you guys leaving soon?
  • edited November -1
    now, that's what I call a six pack plus one.
  • edited November -1
    Is that a "brewer's six pack"? ;-)
  • edited November -1

Ahi's appointment is 9am tomorrow, so we will leave at about 5am tomorrow (Friday). If she has surgery she will be out by 4pm - 5pm... then we drive to Denver and check into a hotel.

We pick Lani up at the airport on Saturday at 3pm - 5pm. We are going to stay overnight in Denver Saturday night and drive home Sunday AM.

Should make for an interesting trip.

• edited November -1

what do you do with the pack when you leave?

that must be a hassle!  

• edited November -1
    We board them at a place right down the street - we had planned to have someone just stay at the house w/ them but she is out of town this week. So we have to board them. The boarding place is REALLY nice tho, they each get their own little room w/ an outside area... so they LOVE it.
  • edited November -1

aw! thats really good!

i'm concerned that we will have to
    leave TWO dogs for a week in May - I can't imagine SIX! well, maybe I
    can, maybe.. imaging it brings me one step closer to wanting to start
    my Shiba Sanctuary!  

• edited November -1

Have a safe trip tomorrow Brad! I hope everything goes well with Ahi and hopefully she won't need surgery.  And have fun picking up Lani (finally!).  Try to keep us updated!!

• edited November -1

My thoughts are with Ahi.  Best of luck tomorrow.Innocent

• edited November -1
    Have a great trip. Do well at the vet Ahi! If you can't get on the internet to let us know what happened, call Rach so she can tell us.
  • edited November -1

Thanx guys! I will try to give you guys an update as soon as I know anything regarding Ahi... I will have my phone so I should be able to post or IM (or call, obviously).

I will also try to give an update regarding Lani as well! :c)

Jen and I have such mixed emotions right now... we are so worried about tomorrow, we can't talk about it because we both get a little emotional thinking about Ahi going under the knife.

But then, at the same time, we are so excited (and anxious) to get Lani!

I'll try to get you an update ASAP!

• edited November -1
    Of course you guys have mixed emotions. I would be shocked if you weren't worried about Ahi. She's going to be in good hands though. Don't think about the potential for surgery, think about taking a walk in the Garden of the Gods! Drive safe.
  • edited November -1
    best of luck!!
  • edited November -1
    Best wishes to Ahi and have a ball with LANI!
  • edited November -1
    I got an sms from Izyda, Lani in on the plane on her way!
  • edited November -1
    That's great Brad! Some good news to brighten your day. :-)