Rainy Night in Georgia

edited April 2008 in General
I have never had a dog who would venture out into the rain like the sun was shining, til now.  The Jake Man ain't scared or discouraged!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Really? Lucy is always hesitant to go out in the rain. She'll go, but she does her business as fast as possible and then runs back in! We'll see with Joey in a few minutes.
  • edited November -1
    Yep.  No reservation.  Like the postman, rain sleet or snow, he'll get the job done, his, mine.  It's thundering now, he ain't scared.  Nothing bothers him, less of course you mention the doorbell earlier.  Those folks need to go back to their home.  He doesn't trust them Laughing
  • edited November -1
    Jazz is okay with the rain as long as she has her rain coat on - the rain hasn't reached us yet btw.  I checked the systems at work and it showing after 9am tomorrow only a 15-20% chance of rain.Laughing
  • edited November -1

Niko will stand there.  Refuse to go but just stand there.  Sasha will do it if she has to.

BTW earlier I did something that startled Niko and she gave me the BEST lucy look ever!!!

I have been cooking and baking since I got home.  My eyes are burning from onions and my house smells like brownies....They arent going together of course! 

• edited November -1
    Keigo hates the rain. Won't even go out until he really, really has to. Mika only likes the rain if she can go in the backyard and dig.
  • edited November -1

I just got finished with the chicken waldorf salad - the kids want to eat it, now!! 

The dog treats are all bagged up and ready to go.

• edited November -1

Now you guys have to be gentle...I have not made potato salad before.

Im about to go make some cream cheese frosting for the brownies! 

• edited November -1
    What type of potato salad: german, southern (mayo), northern (mustard), etc.
  • edited November -1
    southern and northern.  its my grandmas recipe.  It has radishes, green peppers, onions and bacon (not kosher Tongue out).
  • edited November -1
    sounds good!!
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow. You guys are going all out! I've got ground beef for burgers and some beer. BTW LJ, I've had a last minute addition to the guest list. My friends Jack Russel had to stay with us at the last minute so Brodie will be coming too. I hope this doesn't throw off your portions. :-(
  • edited November -1
    Not at all - I think I've got about 30 bags of dog treats - there's usally about 10-15 dogs, so every dog can have 2 bags - there's around 10 or so bones in each bag.  I've got all of them labelled with ingredients, so it'll be easy to tell which ones are ok for Lucy.
  • edited November -1
    Ground beef is good, man - I just wanted to have something easily portable for the cooler since I'm doing the walk.
  • edited November -1
    rain just started here - I guess I'm probably the farthest east of the Atlanta crew.
  • edited November -1
    Just put the girls out.  Niko stood on the patio like mother nature was torturing her and sasha went out wandering.  I think that the windows are open in the bedroom....Surprised
  • edited November -1
    Dave-what time are you getting there?  I may need help with carrying in and I am too lazy to take more than one trip....
  • edited November -1
    Hahaha. That's hilarious Rachael. You're going to need help? I'm going to have 3 dogs with me! :-P I'm going to try to get there as close to 1:00 as possible. I can call you when I'm getting close if you want. Also, I'll have your crate in the car so don't let me forget to give it back to you. And, a huge favor...please try to remind me to stop at Pet Supplies Plus on the way home.
  • edited November -1

LMAO!  We are a mess! 

I guess I will have to rely on Jess....She is a better friend anyways!Tongue out

Chad is gonna get home WHILE I am at the meetup....bummer!  but I get to come home to him and the girls will be shocked to leave home and no daddy and come home and there is a daddy! 

• edited November -1
    Got it - it's saved!!
  • edited November -1
    Blah, Blah, Blah...you Geogians and your swanky meet ups. pshhhhhhh whatever!  JK...sort of. haha.  Anyways, I hope you guys have fun and make sure to take tons of pics to spam all of us non-georgians!
  • edited November -1

Romi we'll make Tommy, Jen and Corina come down and have our own meetup :P

Though I wouldn't have a dog of my own just yet, I'll play with everyone else's! :D 

• edited November -1
    Don't forget about the people down south! Dorothy and Patty~!
  • edited November -1
    Doh >.< I knew I was forgetting people.
  • edited November -1
    what time is the walk.  Looks like we're rained out
  • edited November -1
    I thought it was at 10:30. The picnic isn't until 1:00 though.
  • edited November -1

Its not raining here...

Chad is just about home!  He got home EARLY!  He said he doesnt want to go to the meetup though....Undecided

• edited November -1
    The Jake Man wants to spend time with his Mom, quality time.  He is so handsome and possessive lololol