A ''mini" shiba inu??

2»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    this is one of the things what i hate of these "breeders", they just put in their advertising words like "teacup" "mini" "dollar size" for make more money and sell you the dogs like something special.... obviously the mini size dogs are sick or theres something wrong whith their genetic (at least thats what i think) and just take advantage of the poor doggy  :(....
  • edited November -1
    There is this trend going down here in Miami (no surprise one of the trendiest cities in the world)
    From what I heard they get the smallest and weakest of the pups and breed them and do the same with their pups
    until you get smurf-like "wetards"...I hate to sound like that but I think that's what they are by definition of growth
    though it's through their process. I could be wrong and often are. :)

So theirs lots of Yorkies and those west highland white terriers (Westies) that are impossibly tiny.
    Like a cotton ball with legs and a mouth...loud one sometimes.

My shiba is like I've mentioned before 33 lbs and he's not overweight at all. Just lots of love.
  • edited November -1
    well I think by standards my shibas are right on the cut off - Tsuki is 18lbs and Kitsune is creeping up on 19lbs, but he was underweight for his size when we adopted him and he's slowly putting it on - I hope he will be a good 20-25lbs when he's back to his intended size. But compared to the few Shibas we have met personally - I think mine are small!

There is actually a pet store in my area that has 'miniature pugs' and 'miniature beagles'. Its so sad.
This discussion has been closed.