Grossest thing ever :-(

edited April 2008 in General
Last night when I took Lucy and Joey out it was too dark for me to see Joey's poop so I decided to leave it for today. This morning I was running late and didn't get back by there so I finally went out to pick it up around five this afternoon. While Joey was making a new mess for me to clean up, I bent down and picked up the one from last night. I was standing next to Joey, bag of poop cupped in my hand waiting for him to finish when I felt something moving. I quickly looked down to find at least 8 dung beetles crawling out of the turd and around on the bag. It was GGGGRRRROOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!! I shook them out picked up Joey's latest mess and ran off to go feel grossed out somewhere else. Just thought I'd share.

Comments

• edited November -1
    At least it wasnt ring or round worms coming out of his poop! But yea, that is disgusting!Yell
  • edited November -1
    Dave you continue to fill my mind with such disgusting images lmao.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah a good wormy poo is always fun. at least you didn't forget about it for a week and come back to a maggot factory.
  • edited November -1
    thanks so much for the mental image
  • edited November -1
    I'm about helping others. ;-)
  • edited November -1

I stepped in a hairball barefoot today.  

Yours may have been squirming, but at least you had a plastic barrier between the disgusting matter and your skin.

• edited November -1
    eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww
  • edited November -1

my foster basset has such bad seperation anxiety that he would poo in his crate so once he did, he ran in it, slept in it and decided to buck kick it all over the wall behind the crate.

was THAT fun to come home to.

• edited November -1

Again I say:

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad that I decided to catch up on threads AFTER our big Admin Day luncheon today.... ewwww
  • edited November -1
    I still say I hold the title of Grossest Thing Ever with my similarly titled thread a while back.
  • edited November -1
    Haha. Sorry Heidi. It occurred to me after I started it that I may be stealing your thunder. Perhaps we should put it to a vote? Let the members decide? ;-)
  • edited November -1
    gross
  • edited November -1
    Thank you Dave!
  • edited November -1

Lovely.  I don't get freaked out by bugs. Roaches fascinate me - they're kinda cute.  Last week I took a picture of this HUGE Bumble Bee I caught. But beetles are just UGLY little things. 

• edited November -1
    I went and read Heidi's thread - that's really disgusting too.