HIMIKO!!!!!!!!(new cute picture 4/11/09)

Comments

• edited November -1
    That's great that Moto and Himiko are playing well and adorable that Piglet let her try to nurse. I hope you had the camera out for that! Please try to find some time to spam us with pictures, I'm just dying to see them in action! Keep up the good work.
  • edited November -1

Aww poor kitties. Piglet will come around :) Glad it's going well for the most part.

Dahmer let Kayden nurse for about...yanno, I think Kayden finally stopped a couple months ago >.<  

• edited November -1
    I love it.  Piggy is so sweet, she will realize that everything is ok.  Suprising that she bit the cats...
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear she's adapting very well, and that both Moto and Piglet are good with her!
  • edited November -1
    Thats great news that Moto and Himiko are playing together!  Im sure Piglet will come around soon.  When Jason gets back he'll be able to help you out so you get some free mommy time.  Hang in there!!! 
  • edited November -1

Recent Fam Shots

Miko and Jays Stepdad Tom

Clearly she doesn't like himWink

Piglet crying until I put her in my lap

She (Himiko) is growing so fast.

Tomorrow is her second obedience class (unless it rains)

Moto is in big trouble when she is full size they love to play and he is really enjoying being the big dog. 

• edited November -1
    she is just wonderful! will she be marked like Loa when she is full grown?
  • edited November -1
    I would think they will at least be similar in coloring. They have the same dad. Right now she is kind of "wooly" like the inside of a shearling boot. But I know that is just her puppy coat. We shall see.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the update Jess. I was just thinking it was about time for some Himiko spam. :-)

She looks great. And you're right, she clearly doesn't like Jay's stepdad at all. ;-)
  • edited November -1

She is such an attention whore. When we go on walks she nearly jumps out of her skin to get passers by to pet her. And is visibly offended if they don't take notice. She then showers them with kisses.

side note...do you other puppy parents notice that people will pick your puppy up without even asking? I think that is so freaking rude! 

• edited November -1
    I think people would pick up Joey if he would let them. Joey gets very excited to meet new people but stops just far enough away from them that all they can do is have their fingers licked.

My neighbor picks him up all the time, but she is a dog person, Joey knows her well enough to get close, and I'm friendly enough with her that I don't mind.
  • edited November -1
    i think its incredibly rude if you don't know them or they don't ask you first. People see them as stuffed animals that are free reign and that is so not the case. People still try to pick up my dogs, the 'mini huskies', even though they are full grown and Kitsune does not like that idea at all!!
  • edited November -1
    Jess she is so adorable!! How old is she now? Does her and Piglet play nice?
  • edited November -1
    Piglet was giving you the stink eye!  Miko is so damn cute!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the update Jess - Himiko is precious!! Thanks for the update!  Those pics are adorable :)
  • edited November -1
    I think Romi means to say Thanks for the update...Tongue out
  • edited November -1

Man, that first pic just makes me melt... what a cute little girl! I say this all the time, but I love Shikoku's feet, they are so cute.

Thanx for the update! I too was wondering how she was doing.

• edited November -1
    side note... Himiko has Loa's dad and Ahi's mom! Kinda cool!
  • edited November -1

Great update Jess! And yes, everyone is right, it was about time Tongue out. She's such a cutie!

About the picking up thing, with me it hasn't happened. Now I don't think it ever will cause Kuma is getting huge, but eve when he was smaller it didn't happen. Some people will just pet him without asking, but since he's also an attention whore, as you put it" I think they get the feeling it's ok. I never have a posture of not letting them, normally I'm just holding him.

Wow, same dad as Loa and same mom as Ahi! It kind of sounds like a puppy soap opera! 

• edited November -1
    I'm with Brad. That first picture is just so sweet.
  • edited November -1

I'd pick up Miko and turn around and run!

Anyhow, it is really rude to pick up a dog without asking, especially if the person is a stranger.  However, puppies a hard to resist, I think it's a fairly natural instinct to pick up the little bundle of fuzz when it's trying to give you kisses.

• edited November -1
    Miko is ken kin to Ahi AND Loa!
  • edited November -1
    Rachael, can you say that five times fast? ;-)
  • edited November -1
    I had to read it while I was typing it to make sure I was saying it right!
  • edited November -1
    Miko!!!  Sooo cute! How funny that she is flirty with strangers. Allie, our Elkhound, is like that - too early to tell with Kitsu.
  • edited November -1
    Just came from the vet. She is doing great. Such a little attention junkie. She is 10lbs and 11 weeks old. She is sleeping in her play pen. More pictures soon.
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear that she is healthy. 
  • edited November -1
    She gained 2lbs. How do they do that? She doesn't eat a ton. She will only eat 2x a day no matter how hard I try to get her to eat 3 (now I just respect her wishes and feed a little more in am and pm). But she poops like a champ probably 4x a day, and healthy ones at that! And still finds a way to get bigger!
    I asked my vet, and she said "you know it really is kind of a mystery. I just say it is because puppies are magic" I love my vet.
  • edited November -1
    That's great to hear Jess. Both that Himiko did well at the vet and that she's pooping well. With all the poop issues in my pack, its refreshing to hear when other's do well.
  • edited November -1
    She is at the same weight as Kuma was at that age. And he isn't a big eater either. Actually eats very little but keeps gaining.