NINJA IS GONE - And Back!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Thanks guys for all the kind words. Oh don't worry Romi's going to go get him chipped A.S.A.P.

LMM - You are definitely right on the sleep ... I didn't get to sleep until 2 a.m. But when he came home I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just came to work.

Whewwwwww... I am so glad he's back.

John
  • edited November -1
    Yeah! And make certain that he wears his collar with tags in the yard now that he has learned what fun freedom is. I always hated when my Siberians got out -- such a big worry. (Hence the reason I don't own Siberians any more).

I am glad that he is back and is safe!!
  • edited November -1
    I just saw this.

I am so glad to get on it and see a happy ending.
  • edited November -1
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    I am so glad he came home on his own!

Now that is has achieved escapee status, know that he will try again. There is no greater reward for a Shiba than figuring out that an escape means a great adventure. You will have to be very diligent in the prevention department from this day forward. Make sure you register the chip too, implant does not help if he is not registered!

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Awesome news! I am very happy that he returned. Try to observe him maybe he have found some weak spot in your fences and will try to escape again.
  • edited November -1
    Holy crap. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread title. I'm so glad he came home safely. I don't even know what else to say. Just that as relieved as I am, I can't even imagine how you guys feel. *hugs*
  • edited November -1
    Man, I'm so glad I read all of this thread all at once. Had I seen it last night I would have lost some sleep as well. I’m very glad to hear ninja came home and hope you never have to go through that again.

I’m also feeling a bit guilty because we’ve been holding off on getting Koda her chip because the humane society runs a special in August. I’m going to be sitting on pins and needles for the next two weeks.
  • edited November -1
    Hooray! I'm so relieved he got back!
  • edited November -1
    diggah! I know! we're waiting until august 14th to microchip hachi when the humane society has their special.. I am considering very much getting it done TODAY b/c of Ninja's run!

I hope he's doing better back at home!
  • edited July 2008
    Glad to hear he's back safe & sound! <3~
  • edited November -1
    Thank you guys so much for your kind words and support! I AM SO RELIEVED!!! I left our bedroom window open last night - and left the front gate open. I heard some whining - so I jumped out of bed and looked out the window. I didn't see him so I ran down stairs and opened the door and there he was carrying a nylabone in his mouth and wagging his tail like crazy! OMG I was SOOOO Happy to see him! This morning I scheduled an appointment at 2:20pm to get him micro-chipped at the vet. Its 55.00 - but I want it done today! I will be sure to put on his collar with all his tags whenever I let him out - or make sure that someone is always out there with him.

On a side note - He didn't eat anything this morning. And it seems like he is sore or something. He isn't really walking around and when he does it is very very slow. I am going to have the vet check it out when I take him in. I hope its nothing serious. I checked his legs and I don't feel any breaks and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort when I touch them. Can dogs get sore or fatigued?

Again - Thank you ALL so much for all the suggesstions and support! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!
  • edited November -1
    Check his temperature, and look for any marks of bitting. Shibas and hokkas have thick fur, any wound could be easily hidden. But I think that he is just tired, all night on his own.
  • edited November -1
    Romi I am so glad he came home to you!
    Maybe he had a scuffle to get that nylabone? I'm sure the vet will see anything thats up with him, but dogs' muscle/joint/bone structure can definitely get sore and fatigued!
  • edited November -1
    I have a friend who used to have a Shiba that got out all the time. Complete opportunist on any open door, slow closing screen door, dug holes under the fence, anything to get out.

He said that she always came back sore when she got out. His guess was that she was always out on the hunt, running hard, exploring, chasing things, in general getting way more exercise than she was used too. Ninja could have been doing the same thing, just flat out over exerting himself, plus his fears probably had him on high alert (stressed) a good deal of the time. He might just need a few days for his body to recover and destress.
  • edited November -1
    what a great feel good story!! so glad ninja is back :)
  • edited November -1
    Im so happy that your dog came back!!!!

Best feel good story of the day.
  • edited November -1
    Oh god, so glad that Ninja returned home! I was worried when I read this last night. Poor little guy.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so happy he came back - I probably woulda been crying from Joy (or exhaustion... god knows I wouldn't really sleep!)
  • edited November -1
    Got the micro-chip implanted! Everything went well at the vet. Although he did notice that 3 of Ninja's pads were pretty scraped up - so he thinks he may have been running on concrete a lot. He just told me to try to walk him on grass more than hard surfaces for a bit. He did say that it could be part of the reason why he is walking slow and not wanting to walk as much - but he probably just over-exerted himself (like brandon said). He said to let him rest up for the next couple of days and if I noticed anything get worse bring him by for another check up.
  • edited November -1
    Ninja, the escape artist, probably is not feeling too peppy. I am happy to hear that you got the little devil micro-chipped.
  • edited November -1
    One thing Romi left out was that when she heard Ninja this morning, she jumped out of bed and ran downstairs ... in her undies !!!

It was funny, but only because I knew Ninja was HOME at last.

John
  • edited November -1
    LOL - thanks babe for pointing that out! Im sure most of the members on here will think that was TMI!
  • edited November -1
    LOL!! Were there neighbours outside?
  • edited November -1
    Hahaha. Great news all around! Rest up little man.

A little secret: I probably would have ran out there in my undies too. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Omigosh, Romi! What a terrible scare...! I just read this thread for the first time, and am so glad to hear that there was already a great outcome. One of my past Shibas, Buddy, used to do this all the time. Whenever he got out, he just liked to roam the streets for a few days. It always freaked us out - and every time, he'd miraculously come back and/or have a neighbor return him. I'm so glad to hear that everything is fine with him, that he's now 'chipped', and that the vet checked him out too...
  • edited November -1
    Ah yes, torn up pads were something my friend mentioned also. His Shibas always came back with them (both made it out sometimes).

If you can find anywhere that sells Musher's Secret near you, buy a tub of it and apply it twice a day, it will help Ninja heal up.
  • edited November -1
    So relieved!

This is my worst fear with Ronan. With Tasha, I can leave the door open and tell her not to move and as long as I'm somewhere in sight, she won't budge. Not so with the Ronanator.

Glad you've got him back.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    YAY! We're so happy Ninja is home, safe and sound. Last night, this was our convo:

me: "Babe! Ninja's home!"
    Tim: "Great!"
    me: "Apparently, he was out and about and reappeared with a Nylabone..."
    Tim: "Well, babe, he IS a ninja, ya know!"

:-D
  • edited November -1
    lol - that's funny!

Romi - how are you going to keep a Ninja contained? lol.

----
This discussion has been closed.