I have a Pack Now!

So, I ran off to Japan for a couple of days and came back with this...

Her name is Kotomi. And she has a very cute personality!

Comments

• edited November -1
    What??? Where did this come from? And why did you only bring back one???

She is absolutely gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    o.O Sheesh Corina, we can't leave you unsupervised for one second! Lol.

She's gorgeous though <3
  • edited November -1
    She's so pretty. Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    she is beaUtiful! congrats!
    How are Kei and Lynx taking to little Kotomi?
  • edited November -1
    Corina, where is mine?????

She is adorable!
  • edited November -1
    Aw, she is adorable!

*grabby hands* WANT!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she's so beautiful! Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks! I think I'm really gonna like her, already I'm getting attached.

There's way too much excitement with my being gone for a few days and bringing the puppy home. We just came back yesterday morning (Thursday - PST). We didn't do much, even though she was very lively...I kept her mostly in the crate to make her rest. Took her out only for feeding, potty breaks and mini-play sessions during potty breaks.

She got to meet everyone except for Molly (Min Pin/Chihuahua/Other Mix) - Lynx, Kei-kun, Fiskars and Mia - but no playing. Once things calm down I'll starting doing out of crate introductions with the dogs: throwing her outside with Shoushuu, random play sessions with Molly and taking her out on walks with Lynx. The cats don't want anything to do with her -shrugs-, nothing I can do about that <--- I think they will like her better then Lynx and Kei-kun though, Komi-chan seems to respect the cats already.

I'll keep you all updated on how things progress.

Now, I thought you might all enjoy some video-spammage:

Day 1 - In Japan:

Day 3 - Randomness at home:

• edited November -1
    Oh yes, please excuse the mess of the randomness video at home. We are currently remodeling and fixing things up with the house and yard!
  • edited November -1
    She's very cute!
  • edited November -1
    omigosh she is precious!! such a happy face!

so how old is she? will she end up with similar markings to Loa?
  • edited November -1
    I love how she climbed on the window sill lmao.
  • edited November -1
    Ooooh! Too cute. I love her climbing into the window. :)
  • edited November -1
    She's absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • edited November -1
    My favorite part too is the Window Sill Shikoku -giggles-. I saw that and I'm like, "I just have to get it on video!" Maybe she is part cat?

She is 3 months. She was born on September 17th. It's funny because Shoushuu's birthday is the 18th of September and Lynxiene's the 28th. So my entire pack are all September puppies, lol.

I'm actually very interested in seeing how her coloring will turn out. I know Shoushuu is more black with red hairs (Kurogoma). While Kotomi is more red with black hairs (Akagoma).
    Mr. Fukuda told me that Shoushuu should darken up by 2 or 3 years of age. I'm also hearing that Kotomi will get more black hairs with age. So she may end up looking darker then Loa, we shall see.

Kotomi has a tremendous amount of energy. Thus far, I think she has better focus then Shoushuu, she may very well end up a better obedience dog then he. She is an excellent tracker as well!
  • edited November -1
    A stowaway! LOL.

Congrats! She's gorgeous and looks to be super sweet.

But shame on you for keeping it a secret...you robbed us of the fun of anticipating her arrival. :-P
  • edited November -1
    She looks great! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Welcome back Corina! She is cute! I can't wait to meet her! How was the introductions between Lynx and Kei?
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she is cute! How old is she in the video? She looks like a bit older puppy.

"I know Shoushuu is more black with red hairs (Kurogoma). While Kotomi is more red with black hairs (Akagoma).
    Mr. Fukuda told me that Shoushuu should darken up by 2 or 3 years of age. I'm also hearing that Kotomi will get more black hairs with age. So she may end up looking darker then Loa, we shall see."

I agree with this. My Kuma is definitely Akagoma, but he does keep getting more black hairs as he gets older. It used to be only on his mask, but now it is on his neck, back and sides.

Have fun with her!!
  • edited December 2008
    Wow!!, She is adorable! Congrats!!! Glad your trip went well.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! She is so gorgeous!!
    I dont know if I missed it...how old is she?
  • edited November -1
    *dies of jealousy*

She's gorgeous! She looks like Loa, which of course, is high praise.
  • edited December 2008
    OMG,

She's beautiful! I love her personality as well! Nice Kakashi wristband by the way.

She's a little big to be stuffed in a suit case ;P

-Joe
  • edited November -1
    WOW - What a surprise! Congrats! She is very cute!

She is darker than Loa was at that age, so I'm sure she will end up darker than her.

Congrats one the new pack mate! We are way envious of you. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    She's so adorable. Congratulations!

So Corina, are you officially the forum Shikoku importer? When are you going to take me to get a pup? :)
  • edited December 2008
    She's beautiful!

Can't believe I missed seeing her by just an hour :(

I'm so happy for you, it looks like you picked the right pup!
    Thanks for the spam :)

Next year Nippo we have to get everyone over here for a meet up!
  • edited November -1
    Corina she is beautiful!! I am so happy for you (if a tad bit jealous too...)! ;-)
  • edited November -1
    She's so cute! Me want!
  • edited November -1
    wow what a good looking pup!
    i cant believe they are already that big at 3 months!
    already bigger than a grown shiba?
    grats!!!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! She does remind me of Loa too. She seems very energetic and inquisitive. She was clearly looking for something fun to do in that first video.