Kai Ken Haru Thread (updated 11/17)

Comments

• edited November -1
    aww! She is sooo cute! :) Looks like a fun day at the beach! :D
  • edited November -1
    Oh man Shigeru....I'm in love!!!!! ~
  • edited May 2009
    I was walking her yesterday and a man with a Husky asked if she was part fox.

I was like ummmm she's not a Shiba :P

But yeah, great day at the beach. She did very well with my nieces (the little toddlers in the background). As you can see in the video she's off leash. Seeing as she will be hunting with me I try to train her off leash as much as possible (wherever it's decently safe). She follows me everywhere, and if I'm not there she sticks with my wife. Even when she's trotting around she looks back around every 10secs or so to see where I'm at.

Her recall is pretty good already as I've been training her with a dog whistle since the day I picked her up. I'd say over 90 percent of the time she hears the whistle she comes running.

She loved the water, went running in as soon as we got there, and she had lots of fun climbing the rock formations.
  • edited November -1
    She's really cute! Such a neat color! :-)
  • edited November -1
    LOL. Can't even escape the fox questions in Japan? That is very amusing. xD Though, I guess not everyone will know about all the awesome Nihon Ken. :)
  • edited November -1
    She looks great!
    I really like the photo where she's looking at the camera. :-)

I hope you didn't let her go crazy on the dry sand.
  • edited November -1
    She is so beautiful. Please, we need spam more often.
  • edited November -1
    Great looking dog. Congrats on your new family member.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like a fun day at the beach --- what a cutie! Girls just want to have fun! So smart, too! I can tell you that most likely when she starts hunting she may not have such good recall. Our Josephine (presumed Kai) can't be relied upon to stop or answer at all if she's got a bunny or a partridge in her sight, and especially if the chase begins! Keep up the training, and keep a watchful eye on her! Thanks for sharing the pics and the video.
  • edited November -1
    She is such a gorgeous little girl. I love her coat. When I finally get a chance to go back and visit family, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to steal her. There's just no alternative. jk. You guys are so lucky, enjoy her puppyhood.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, her color is just amazing. I love the video too, she seems like such a happy little pup!
  • edited November -1
    I agree with everyone else...She has some really great color. Can't wait to see more of her.
  • edited November -1
    She is marvelous! Looks like a great day on the beach!
  • edited November -1
    How wonderful! It looks like you had the whole beach to yourselves - no other dogs around.

I like the dog whistle, it's very useful when you can't whistle yourself loud enough.
  • edited November -1
    She is such a pretty pup!
  • edited November -1
    wow - she is really pretty! She looks like a lot of fun too! I wish we had a breach to visit here in Taos. LOL
  • edited November -1
    Oh, how precious! Please continue to share.
  • edited November -1
    Well I did a first skim of spam and now I'm going back to click on the videos. She's a beautiful puppy Shigeru. Belated congratulations!

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    That first beach picture is great! She looks like such a playful pup. :) I officially request more spam.
  • edited November -1
    I will never tire of looking at this puppy!! Haru is gorgeous...
    I am so very jealous! :)

oh, no- isn't it written somewhere, "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's kai....?" I am doomed...

Beautiful brindle- and so sweet and playful...

covet, covet...

;)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the comments all, here's some more from today. We headed out to the mountains for a bit of a romp.

DSC_0127

DSC_0121

Tracking Boar
  • edited November -1
    Adorable! I love the green background against her brindle!
  • edited November -1
    She looks very much at home!
  • edited November -1
    Great, now I want a Kai LOL She is super cute and so pretty, perfect name for her too. More SPAM please :P
  • edited November -1
    I could look a Haru all day, every day. She is so pretty, and she looks so intent in that first picture of this group. I demand more spam! :-D
  • edited November -1
    Wow =(0-0)=. She looks so noble in the first photo of the new three.
  • edited November -1
    That is the best looking Kai I have ever seen. Is the quality difference that huge between Japan and the USA?
  • edited November -1
    That last shot is too funny :) Haru is just an amazing looking pup!
  • edited November -1
    The first pic is my favorite so far. She looks so deep in thought. She's looks pretty muscular. Is that just the pics?
  • edited November -1
    Tara, she is pretty developed already, but I think the brindle and direction her coat is growing in makes her look even more so.

Brad, pretty much the only pics or video of Kai in the States that I've seen are of Kona. I don't really know what the rest look like, but with a limited gene pool over there (and just the sheer difference in numbers), you're bound to end up with better Kai over here.

I haven't had a puppy around in several years, and it's amazing to watch how fast they grow. Haru is becoming more graceful, last night after we got back she did one of those rainbow hops onto the couch, over the armrest. Looked like one of those discovery channel fox pounces.

Well, must head out to work. Later all!