Possible Kai (Collin County Tx)

edited April 2013 in General
http://collincountytx.animalshelternet.com/adoption_animal_details.cfm?AnimalUID=403926

Was browsing around my town's webpage and they just put a link to county's animal shelter. Found this guy here listed as a Chow Chow/ unknown mix. No size and weight listed. I will send 'em an Email later to get more info.

Comments

• holy crap that looks like a kai.

I can hold on the the pup for a little while if need be
  • i'm in tarrant county, so pretty close i think
  • I've never seen white toenails like that on a kai before...
  • I just mapquested the shelter. Its 30 seconds outta of my way on the way home, so I can swing by and take a look depending on what time I can get outta here.
  • Looks like a chow mix
  • edited April 2013
    Or an Akita or Akita mix? Lovely dog anyway, even in that not so good pic.
  • Looks like an Akita or Chow mix to me.
  • Tyson's kennel has a lot of Kai with white nails.
  • Looks a bit long coated/fuzzy also. I agree with Akita/mix. Pretty dog tho!
  • if that's not part chow chow im a queen of England
  • Looks like an Akita/Chow mix to me.
  • edited April 2013
    The head is too big for a Kai, in retrospect. I could def see Akita mix

Did you check out the pup in person?
  • Poor pup :( I hope someone gives her a home..
  • Went to go check out the pup. Turned out the shelter was closed for easter. They reopen again today. Will see if i can get there again today.
  • Tyson's kennel has a lot of Kai with white nails.
    @TheWalrus - Really? I've heard of one or two nails being white, but not all of them like this dog. Interesting. Do you have any pics?
  • I just sent the info about this girl to the American Akita Club Rescue Coordinator.

Gave her link to the shelter listing and link to this discussion.
  • Went out there yesterday to take a look at her. Definitly a chow mix. Could be part Akita but, she seemed small for one. But she is alot fluffier than the photo makes her look
  • Poor girl! Hope she finds a home soon!
  • Good looking dog. She would look great with my Eevee. Maybe when I land a bigger job ::sighs:: Best wishes for her.