Puppy Playdate Got Postponed (again)

edited May 2008 in General
Geez Miko and Mura are going to have their first Birthdays before they have their playdate. But they MAY get together tonight. We shall see. Anyway here is some promised spam to tide you over...

Comments

• edited November -1
    love that last shot!
  • edited November -1
    me too!
  • edited November -1
    Who doesn't love puppy kisses?

She's growing fast.
  • edited November -1
    OMG. Miko is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how fast he's growing!
  • edited November -1
    Seriously, she's a very pretty girl! I love the camo harness you have on her now. :-)

I like the first shot of her and Moto where she's standing up looking at Jason(?).

Thanks for the spam. :-)
  • edited November -1
    She is so cute! I love Shika puppies!

I like the last shot, reminds me of Loa. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    Awww...She is adorable!!! She is growing fast too!!! She almost looks as big as Moto! Thanks for the spam jess! And I hope that Miko and Mura get a playdate before their 1st birthdays! LOL
  • edited November -1
    Himiko's so cute and adorable! Thanks for the spam and keep it coming!
  • edited November -1
    I love the 2nd pic!! She is like "who...me?"
    She is too cute for her own good!
  • edited November -1
    Looks like you have a smoocher too. She is a q.t.
  • edited November -1
    The kid oozes charisma. She is almost perfectly housebroken as long as Jay and I pay attention to her signals (Brad you weren't kidding about shikas being picky poopers, I thought shibas were bad). Now if only we could get past "happy bladder" If I am gone half an hour or four hours, she will be perfect. Then she sees me and starts dancing and immediately pees! Argh. Moto had the same problem when he was little so I am hoping it just because she is growing and she will out grow that, but I am going through Natures Miracle like it's going out of style.
  • edited November -1
    Join the club Jess! Joey looses it whenever he sees someone other than me. :-(
  • edited November -1
    oh... that is a Shika thing, the excitement pee... both of our Shikas did that. With Ahi it was more of a submissive pee problem and Loa had a submissive and excitement pee problem.

That is how we gauge the confidence of a woman, based on if Ahi pees when she meets them or not. No joke, Ahi will still give a little submissive pee if a very confidant women pets her - its really odd.

When Marian, Kona's breeder, came by to meet our pack she pet Ahi and Ahi immediately peed everywhere. That was the first time she had done that in 9 months or so! Marian obviously handles a lot of dogs, some very dominant and wild, and Ahi obviously knew right away she was dominant.

It's really interesting.

----

On the topic of picky poopers - does Himiko do the silly back and forth poo dance before she goes? Ahi does, it looks like she is trying to get the beat to start break-dancing! it's really funny!

----
  • edited November -1
    Miko totally does the back and forth poo dance. Moto does a spinny stompy poo dance. Piglet just gets it done.
  • edited November -1
    Thats funny, Ninja does the back and forth circling around dance before he poops. Portia Poo's and Pee's as soon as she's let out.

Why do Japanese breeds have to be so picky? :P
  • edited November -1
    I am going to make Moto and Miko t-shirts that say
    "God Made Me Cute So Mom Wouldn't Eat Me"
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow that's funny Brad. I'd love to know what Ahi thinks about.
  • edited November -1
    That is hilarious Jess, especially since you are vegan!
  • edited November -1
    She's so cute! And already showing Moto a piece of her mind!

Kuma didn't do much of a happy bladder thing, with him it was bladder time all the time! He only lost it with the happy dance once when my Mom came for dinner. He used to be pickier about his poop, but he still dances a bit before he does it.
  • edited November -1
    She's so, so pretty! Looks to be growing up beautiful! ;-)

Good to hear that other Shikas also have pee issues. Kuma was putting him in his kennel to leave, he immediately would pee a little bit (not when we got home or meeting people, only when we leave). I guess Shikokus lose their bladder control in certain "exciting" situations!

Jess, let me know when you are coming down to PA, maybe they can meet up?
  • edited November -1
    They have met!! Pictures to come tomorrow. Miko was a little spooked at first but after they went outside they played like they never were apart.

Kris I didn't realize that Paul had come to visit you. Apparently we all have shikoku and volvos...

I will definitely let you know next time I head down.
  • edited November -1
    She's absolutely adorable! I can't believe how precious her face is!

Rakka does the excited pee, too. Katja's website also said that their dogs pee when they go out to the kennel to visit them. I guess it's just a shikoku thing. I can tell who Rakka really likes because she pees for them. How flattering.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, Dan and I met Paul and his fiance. He stayed and talked with us for about an 1 1/2. After he met Kuma, within 10 minutes, he said that he really wanted to ge a Shikoku. Peggy initially put him in touch with us, but then since Katja had litters more frequently, he contacted her too. And yes, we talked about our love of our volvos too!
  • edited November -1
    That's great it went well! Can't wait to see pics! :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    There is video too but I havent gotten around to uploading it.

Soon I promise.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    double the cuteness!!!
  • edited November -1
    You bet double the cuteness! On the photos with no harnesses I don't know who is who!
  • edited November -1
    Awww *explodes*
  • edited November -1
    The HUGE one is Mura. The little filthy one is Miko. She just got a bath today and a combing SO SOFT
  • edited November -1
    Wow, they look so much alike, although it seems that Miko is a little bit darker than Mura? Great pics Jess! Im glad everything went well and you guys had a blast!