Kekko - new Shikoku

Comments

• edited November -1
    Handsome boy, even when he flashes the camera ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Hey Stina,
    here's a shot from Kekko's sister and brother, hope you like it. If Kekko is as sweet as these two fellows, than you must be very happy.
  • edited November -1
    All these sibling Shikoku look great! Love the dark Shikoku colors (although I love my light Kuma boy too!).

Glad Kekko grew out of the carsickness phase...makes him like the other (older) shikoku on the board. :-)
  • edited November -1
    So pretty!!! <3 ~
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks Nico, what a great picture :) Kekko does look more like his sister than brother, don't you think :))
  • edited November -1
    Hey Stina, Kekko looks gorgeous, less black on the nose, more white on his chest and like he lives already in wintertime with a thick furry coat. Maybe it's the perspective, but his head also looks more massive here. I think you won the lottery with him and although we are no experts, he looks like a winner to us. Kekko doesn't have the black noose, much more of the reddisch brown, I think is a bit more friendly looking. Well, still pups, it can all change. Rico, our husky, had a complete black head, but now he looks totally different than the first two years of his life. To bad it's still a big distance otherwise we could stop by and have a husky-shikoku meeting :-) . Is the picture taken in a park or in your garden?
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Nico, yes Kekko is very handsome boy. He is not more massive, I think he just have more coat on....autumn is coming and he is getting ready :). I think he will turn more reddish and less black when he gets older, his brother and sister are black sesame color after their mother, Kekko is red sesame more like his father. This picture is taken in a park near the sea. The previous ones with the pool and table are in our garden.
    Yes too bad there is such a distance between us, I would love to see your huskyboys. Hopefully I will see Kekko's brother and sister in Bratislava WDS, there is quite a bunch of shikokus entered :)
  • edited November -1
    Well, the world is a small place, so I bet we will meet one day. that would be 5 huskies, at least one, maybe more shikoku's. Wow cool group picture :-)
    Anyway, we don't even have a shikoku yet, but will do our best to solve this "problem".
  • edited November -1
    Awesome dogs! Shikoku+Huskies must be plenty of cardio adventure.
  • edited November -1
    Isn't that part of why you took your dogs? Having good reasons to stick your noose into nature and walk, run enjoy and pick up some sunshine to boost your vitamin D levels? :-)
    You cannot believe the fun you can have with huskies running competitions. Like with two in front of a very small cart and all you try is to keep up with them for the next 5 miles or so. It's crazy to see their competitive drive to win a game. And so much fun…
  • edited October 2009
    We went to WDS in Bratislava and there was like a little family meeting of Shikokus :)
    Kekko's brother, sister, mom and grandmom were there, so it was great to see them all together. On the pictures is Kekko and his brother.
  • edited November -1
    They are both so handsome, I don't know how that judge could have ever picked between them!
  • edited November -1
    Yes! Very handsome! Thanks for the pics!
  • edited December 2009
    I will do a winter update...
    It started really snowing a lot today, so the falling snow was blocking the camera a bit, so the quality is not the best :)) but its ok.
    The snowy Shikoku, who can make an evil face :)))
  • edited November -1
    Awesome photos Stina......Kekko is beautiful!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    He has grown to be quite a handsome boy...More pics please:)
  • edited November -1
    Great looking boy!
  • edited November -1
    I promise to take better pictures when it finally stops snowing.....which is not the case yet :)
    Its fantastic how cold tolerant Shikokus are, we have about -15 degrees and this does not bother Kekko at all, he plays in the snow just like huskies do all day long. He does spend the nights inside right now, but not because of the cold, but the new ability of climbing fences that he has learned.
  • edited November -1
    He's looking very Shikoku-ish now, he's grown! I love that it's snowing in the pics, very pretty.
  • edited November -1
    Happy Holidays :)
  • edited November -1
    Cute! Handsome Shikoku you got there! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Woww! Great shot...Merry Christmas Stina!
  • edited November -1
    Very pretty pup! Merry Christmas!
  • edited November -1
    Merry Christmas Stina! Kekko is beautiful! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Kekko is really gorgeous! Did you know Saiki is getting new pups? Btw, your huskies have lots of fur, more than ours. But Reno and Rico live more inside now, they are getting a bit older now. Obviously you also have very different temperatures as well! Merry Christmas for you and your family!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks all for good wishes :)
    Yes Nico I read from Egmato web that 2 new shikoku litters are on the way....very interesting.
    Yes my huskies are very furry....I have wondered it myself...all their parents have less fur....I don't know if its the climate or what, that makes their fur get so big. Its not so very cold here and they do live outside most of the time, but also spend few hours a day inside, just for company etc. And I have never fed any food additives or anything....must be all the love I have for my dogs :))))) hahahaha...
  • edited November -1
    Does she come from the breeder Egitte?
  • edited November -1
    Kekko is from the Egmato kennel (Egitte), from Saiki. She is pregnant again, probably 3 or 4 pups. And 3 days ago (Dec. 26th) an other dog of them, Manyi, also got a litter with 4 very nice puppy's. So this is an unique picture, with 4 pups, only 3 days old. Look at the black one, isn't he gorgeous?
  • edited December 2009
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! So Great!! Beautiful!!!!
    I won't one i'm gonna call Egitte hahahhaha....

I know Egitte from shows, and i'm also do the breed akita and american akita information en puppy info for the dutch Akita Club...and Holland is so little everybody knows eachother with a Inu ....hahhaha!
  • edited November -1
    We just applied for the Dutch membership. So I guess we will meet soon :-) I took the pictures this afternoon. I will start a new lead about Shikoku pups…